Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
2013 Accord Sport 6SPD
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 6spd manual and every time I start off on 1st gear and don't give it enough throttle I can hear the rattling coming from the driver side door panel area. It happens on bumpy roads as well.

The new Accord has replaced all the cheap plastic parts within the interior and replaced them with softer rubber parts to prevent rattling noises. This stuff isn't suppose to happen until the car gets old from sitting in the sun for too long and the plastic pieces start to wear out.

Anyone having this problem on the CVT or 6spd?

·
Registered
203 Posts
My sunroof shade rattle when it's open sometimes. And I have a rattle from my passenger door sometimes when the 12 is hitting hard. I suppose that's my fault, not Hondas.

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
4,339 Posts
I have a 6spd manual and every time I start off on 1st gear and don't give it enough throttle I can hear the rattling coming from the driver side door panel area. It happens on bumpy roads as well.
On my Accord if I shutter it on a start the car shakes pretty hard. I dont know if you can fault Honda on that noise you are hearing. More throttle and slip the clutch a little more my friend.

Jay

·
Registered
181 Posts
I noticed if my sunglasses are not snug I'll hear noises from that compartment, drove me crazy for a couple days

·
Registered
21 Posts

The new Accord has replaced all the cheap plastic parts within the interior and replaced them with softer rubber parts to prevent rattling noises. This stuff isn't suppose to happen until the car gets old from sitting in the sun for too long and the plastic pieces start to wear out.

Anyone having this problem on the CVT or 6spd?
2013 Sport, same rattle as you describe I believe.

Mine seems to be down low, toward the front of the A-pillar, behind firewall, behind fuse box almost.

A metal rattle that sounds like you just "flicked" a piece of aluminum or something. Usually can make it happen on bumpy roads or during "aggravated" idle. ie: where the engine vibrates a little.

Also have an intermittent rattle on the driver side, rear passenger side curtain airbag area.

Giving them both sometime to nail down 100% when they can be heard so I can get a tech to ride with me.

·
Registered
128 Posts
My passenger seat has a rattle - I'm pretty sure it's lose. I can grab the seat, wiggle it, and it feels lose. If I go over a bump the backrest of the passenger seat shutters, you can actually see it rattle. I'm going to get the dealer to look at this - hopefully just a simple fix.

·
24th Gear
1,233 Posts
My passenger seat has a rattle - I'm pretty sure it's lose. I can grab the seat, wiggle it, and it feels lose. If I go over a bump the backrest of the passenger seat shutters, you can actually see it rattle. I'm going to get the dealer to look at this - hopefully just a simple fix.
Mine does this, but its a squeak instead of a rattle.

·
Rhymes with **** & Quick
1,314 Posts
I keep hearing a rattle near the glove box or the nearby vent. Driving me crazy.

·
2013 Accord Sport 6SPD
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Any of you guys taken it to the dealership to get the rattling resolved? It bothers the crap out of me sometimes. Especially when i'm using the eco mode where the throttle is adjusted to save gas and the power of the car is reduced.

Any of you notice how weak the car is when its on the eco mode, even with a manual transmission it weak. Have to turn this mode off sometimes to really get a good a feel for the v-tec and enjoy the car.

·
2013 Accord Sedan EX-L
23 Posts
I keep hearing a rattle near the glove box or the nearby vent. Driving me crazy.

Mine had a rattle in the same vicinity & it ended up being the lock on the glove box. I locked it & rattle is gone. Kind of a pain now when I want to quickly access the glove box.

·
Rhymes with **** & Quick
1,314 Posts
Mine had a rattle in the same vicinity & it ended up being the lock on the glove box. I locked it & rattle is gone. Kind of a pain now when I want to quickly access the glove box.
Thanks, let me give that a shot!

·
Registered
1 Posts
2013 Honda Accord Interior/headliner Rattle

2013 Honda Accord EX-L rattle in interior headliner/dome light. I have been to the dealership 4x in the last two weeks today will be my 5th trip. The rattle seams to come from the dome light. I can place my hand the dome light/assembly and press up and the noise goes away. I've already had the sun glass visor assembly replaced and the headliner pulled down 4x times for inspection with them only installing more insulation. The funny thing is my loaner car a 2013 Honda Accord V6 and it has the same rattle. Must be a dealer defect. Wish me luck!!!!!! Any ideas on a fix. Please leave me a message. If I get any good news with the dealer. I will post a reply.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7wOquV1mfc

Update: Apparently the headliner was never pulled down. They are looking at it again after the service manager took a ride with me. He heard the noise also.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My God, my 2013 EXL coupe V6 manual has the same EXACT rattle!

Please please let's find out what that damn rattle is. I've pretty much isolated it to the front left upper corner of the headliner, right where the windshield glass meets the roof. When your driving, lean way forward in your seat and tilt your ear upward. You should hear it coming from where the visor is. I've pushed the headliner, hit it and cussed, but it won't go away. I believe it's something structural up there. Sounds like two pieces of metal meeting and creaking together. Makes me want to rip down the headliner and squirt epoxy wherever you see two pieces of metal joining. But check to see if yours is coming from the same area. I bet you it is. Whatever it is, it's driving me f-ing crazy. But mine is the exact same dude. I cringed when I watched your video.

·
Registered
56 Posts
OMG! I thought I was the only one!!! I keep hearing a rattling sound coming from the the vicinity of the glove box and the passenger door. Bothers the hell out of me

·
Registered
6 Posts
I also had a glove box rattle, but I found it was the metal latch, where the door catches. It vibrates and rattles. I took electrical tape and put a few wraps of it around the metal latch catch. It makes it harder to open and close the door, but it seemed to solve the rattle. It seriously sucks that stuff like this has to be done. I'm going to the dealer and showing them what my 37 grand car with 6000 miles on it has come to. Pity. I think I'll go Lexus next time around.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Mine also sounded like it was coming from the glovebox area, but it was actually the lower trim panel closest to the floor on the passenger side. This is, of course, the one interior panel I didn't know how to completely remove.

I managed to carefully bend it out enough to get at the square clip, put some electrical tape on the clip, then put it back in place. No more rattle.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts