Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

New to the forums and wanted to get some suggestions/opinions on winter tires and rims for the upcoming winter season here in Toronto, Canada. I have a 2013 Honda Accord Sport 4 Door CVT and will be purchasing winter tires and rims soon. I have narrowed it down to the following choices:

Option A:

4 x 16" Michelin X-Ice Xi3 - 215/60R16
4 x 16” Hubcentric Honda Steel Wheels 64.1HB

Total price with taxes, after Michelin $70 mail-in-rebate and installation: $830.

Option B:

4 x 16" Bridgestone Blizzak WS70 - 215/60R16
4 x 16” Hubcentric Honda Steel Wheels 64.1HB

Total price with taxes, after Bridgestone $70 mail-in-rebate and installation: $800.

Any suggestions/opinions on which ones to go with would be great or to go with different sizing and brand would be welcome. Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
164 Posts
go with the michelins i have them on my accord and they worked great bridgestone is cheap but i find that they dont last as long
cheers

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your response. I did some more research and I think I will go with the Michelin's for the following reasons based on the experience other's have had:

- Will supposedly last longer as the Bridgestone's are known to wear quicker.

- Not as deep treads as the Bridgestone, so for deeper snow maybe not as good performance. I live in Toronto and based on recent winters we will get hit with the big snowstorm here and there but not really driving around in deep snow all the time. So I think I might be indifferent to this.

- Michelin is more of a 'winter' tire, good for ice, highway and cold conditions, whereas the Bridgestone is more of a 'snow' tire.

- Michelin's are bit more expensive but not by much, so again not really a large difference here.

I think overall, for relatively similar prices and being able to hold on to the tires for longer without losing performance as the tread wears out makes me lean towards the Michelin's.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Thanks for your response. I did some more research and I think I will go with the Michelin's for the following reasons based on the experience other's have had:

- Will supposedly last longer as the Bridgestone's are known to wear quicker.

- Not as deep treads as the Bridgestone, so for deeper snow maybe not as good performance. I live in Toronto and based on recent winters we will get hit with the big snowstorm here and there but not really driving around in deep snow all the time. So I think I might be indifferent to this.

- Michelin is more of a 'winter' tire, good for ice, highway and cold conditions, whereas the Bridgestone is more of a 'snow' tire.

- Michelin's are bit more expensive but not by much, so again not really a large difference here.

I think overall, for relatively similar prices and being able to hold on to the tires for longer without losing performance as the tread wears out makes me lean towards the Michelin's.
oh yeah great choice i live in calgary and we get large snow falls as well and they worked wonders

1 - 4 of 4 Posts