Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 4 cylinder accord with 143k miles.

The engine misfires during high rev pulls (>4.5-5k) and the CEL (P0300 and individual cylinder codes) starts to blink. I pull over turn it off and turn back on and the car drives normally.

Routine Maintenance:
  • OEM NGK Spark Plugs @ 100K
  • PCV Valve @ 100K
After the first time the misfire occurred, I replaced all coil packs, but the car replicates the same issue when driving during higher revs. Car idles fine and does not burn a significant amount of oil (~.5q-1q every 5k miles).

Is my next step to check/replace the fuel injectors?

I have used injector and fuel system cleaners (LiquiMoly Jectron and Fuel System Cleaner).

Around how much would a dealership charge for diagnostics? And how much would they charge for fuel injector replacement?

Thanks in Advance

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Misfire only under load, I would check a few basics.

1. Fuel pressure
2. Compression on each cylinder
3. Timing chain is not stretched

You can get the fuel pressure from the OBDII port. You may need to rent or borrow a compression tester. Check to make sure the timing marks line up.

Having the valves adjusted may help as well.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rygrego

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a 2013 4 cylinder accord with 143k miles.

The engine misfires during high rev pulls (>4.5-5k) and the CEL (P0300 and individual cylinder codes) starts to blink. I pull over turn it off and turn back on and the car drives normally.

Routine Maintenance:
  • OEM NGK Spark Plugs @ 100K
  • PCV Valve @ 100K
After the first time the misfire occurred, I replaced all coil packs, but the car replicates the same issue when driving during higher revs. Car idles fine and does not burn a significant amount of oil (~.5q-1q every 5k miles).

Is my next step to check/replace the fuel injectors?

I have used injector and fuel system cleaners (LiquiMoly Jectron and Fuel System Cleaner).

Around how much would a dealership charge for diagnostics? And how much would they charge for fuel injector replacement?

Thanks in Advance
With direct injection an injector change could be expensive.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts