Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our 2013 recently encountered a problem where the car will not start and instead go into Accessory mode. It can sometimes take 8 or 10 presses of the start/stop button to get the car to finally start. This only happens once every several days.
We took it into a trusted shop. First they replaced the brake switch after a full diagnostic (battery, alt, starter) revealed no issues. That didn't help so they replaced the starter - then when we went to pick it up it wouldn't start right away (at least I was able to show them the issue since it wouldn't do it for them).
I see others with a similar issue here solved it with a new starter. Any ideas what else I can suggest? I bring it back in soon when their master tech is working so he can look at it again (they mentioned at least swapping the starter for another). Thank you!!
Mark

· Registered
5,934 Posts
What brand was the new starter since you went to an indy shop ? On my 04, the mechanic put on 3 brand new bench tested NAPA starters, they all had trouble turning the engine over. I went out & got an OEM starter, problem solved.

· Registered
5,696 Posts
Your best bet is to take your old OEM starter and rebuild it yourself or have a Auto electric shop rebuild it. The number of parts that go bad on the shelf is incredibly high these days.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.