Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
2013 Sport
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2013 sport is having issues with the volume control on the stock radio. When I dial up for volume, the adjustment goes back down or sporadic adjustment. Seems it is skipping some levels when adjusting. Anyone else have this issue ? If so, a fix recommendation? Thx

·
Thunder Up!
2,559 Posts
This might just be a temp. fix, but try it. Turn the radio off and turn the knob back and forth quickly. Don't break it or anything, but rotate it left-right-left-right (like 9 on a clock, back to 3 on a clock, back to 9 on a clock, etc). Do that for a few seconds and turn it back on to see if that helps. If it comes back, then take it in. Sometimes it's just dust/debris in there and needs to get out.

·
2013 Sport
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HELP PLEASE - 2013 Sport Radio Voulme Control Issue

All, I posted this some time ago and tried the fix from the first reply and it worked for a while but then the knobs went back to "going crazy" when you turn them. Took into the dealer and the service tech said I had to turn the dial very slowly to advance the volume because of the sensitivity. Bunch of BS in my opinion as I should not have to "baby" the turn dial to make it work correctly. Do you all agree? Is there any other "fixes" out there? Anyone else seeing this? HELP!!!! I am going crazy on this issue!!!!!!!! :nuts:

·
Registered
196 Posts
All, I posted this some time ago and tried the fix from the first reply and it worked for a while but then the knobs went back to "going crazy" when you turn them. Took into the dealer and the service tech said I had to turn the dial very slowly to advance the volume because of the sensitivity. Bunch of BS in my opinion as I should not have to "baby" the turn dial to make it work correctly. Do you all agree? Is there any other "fixes" out there? Anyone else seeing this? HELP!!!! I am going crazy on this issue!!!!!!!! :nuts:
Still under warranty? If so, have them replace it, regardless of what they say you SHOULD do. Go to the showroom and try a new vehicle and show the tech that you don't need to baby the knob.

·
JaeDM
567 Posts
I have the same problem in my car right now too.

·
3rd Car, 3rd Accord
107 Posts
I have the same problem in my car right now too.
The only way to fix that is to have the entire knob replaced. Problem is dirt/dust/pepsi/coke or raw diesel exhaust is inside the contacts or the contacts have oxidized/become intermittent. Same problem with old stereos that had static when you would adjust the volume, treble or bass knob (potentiometer). Yes speed bagging the knob will fix it temporarily or you could take the radio out of the car, take it apart and spray contact cleaner into the mechanics of the knob....You'll have to use the steering wheel buttons until..............Warranty.

·
JaeDM
567 Posts
I need to get on warranty then. My car is at 33k right now

·
2013 Sport
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Faceplate change

Hey everyone. I have 39k on the car. Was out of factory warranty. At 30K, I mentioned to a local Honda dealership while getting my oil changed that there was an issue. Service advisor looked at the knob. Turned it really fast back and fourth and said dust collects nad helps clean the dial. That worked for 5 minutes and then the radio dial went back to its crazy self. I ignored the issue thinking it was the way it was to be (per the service advisor). After time, I said to myself, "wait a minute, I am driving a HONDA for a reason.....QUALITY." I then took the car into the dealer for a permanent fix and the first thing the service advisor said was "your car is out of warranty." I said I would escalate this issue up to Honda corporate if I have too since I tried to resolve the issue with Honda earlier in my mileage but was not documented by the service advisor (at another dealership). Long story short, I bitched enough and have experience on how to escalate issues to the top and the dealership took the car in (for a day), identified the issue and changed the faceplate. For those of you with this issue, PUSH FOR A FIX......IT WORKS!

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts