Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

2013 Touring - Radar Obstructed

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  mode360 
#1 ·
I recently washed my car, and for the first time ever, as I was cleaning the radar area, the radar moved. I didn't think anything of it as I pulled it back into place. Problem started the next day as I was driving and the radar flashed "Brake" twice when nothing was approaching. I thought it was a fluke as it happens now and then, but shortly after, the "Radar Obstructed" message popped up. I took it to Honda and they said either they had to screw it back into place and re-calibrate it or have to replace the sensor if it was bad. I got the call saying that it was just out of place and they secured it and re-calibrate it and it was good to go. As I drove the car onto the highway, the message popped up again so I took it back, but it was close to closing so I have to drop it off on Monday. I really don't want to replace that sensor as I heard it is retails over $1k and the service guy told me that the computer said it "completed" after they re-calibrated it so the sensor should still be good. Has anyone ever run into this problem by just washing the car and had the radar move?

Attachments

See less See more
Reactions: Ziyang
#3 ·
I really like that funky picture of the front of your car! I know that's not helpful to your problem, but, wanted to complement you on the artistry...

#5 ·
I got the car back today, and fingers crossed, it’s working as it should. Tech said that the brackets were bent so it couldn’t be calibrated properly. Parts came in this morning and it was replaced and recalibrated. On the drive home, the ACC was working and no error message popped up.

It still boggles my mind how it could bend out of place while hand washing it with a mitt, no power washer was used.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.