Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2013 Accord EXL with Nav V6 with 12k miles. Lately, when the vehicle is first cranked, their seems to be a lack of engagement when I put the vehicle in drive and attempt to go. Example.... I crank the vehicle, put in drive, give a very small amount of throttle..... the engines revs for a split second then the transmission seems to jerk forward as if it is suddenly engaging. This feels similar to how a motorcycle would feel if the drive chain were extremely loose.

Anyone else here experienced that? Your thoughts please. Thanks.

·
HA-420
709 Posts
I have a 2013 Accord EXL with Nav V6 with 12k miles. Lately, when the vehicle is first cranked, their seems to be a lack of engagement when I put the vehicle in drive and attempt to go. Example.... I crank the vehicle, put in drive, give a very small amount of throttle..... the engines revs for a split second then the transmission seems to jerk forward as if it is suddenly engaging. This feels similar to how a motorcycle would feel if the drive chain were extremely loose.

Are you giving it gas immediately after shifting? Maybe it needs more time to actually shift? Idk

Fluid?

·
Former H Master Tech
318 Posts
Check fluid level and condition. How many miles?

·
It's a Coupe or nothing
213 Posts

Sounds like what would happen to any car.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Happens to my '04 Odyssey all the time. I've learned to be patient and not give it the gas until the trans engages, usually less than a second. Do make sure the fluid level is good though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts