Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking at mostly EX-L Sedan, 4cyl 2014's with Nav for my next car. and even considered 2015 if the price was right.

But my local Honda Dealership has a certified 2013 with 30k miles just in that fits the colors I want, which is more in my comfortable price range.

I was wanting to get opinions on the differences between the years. Specifically 2013->2014, but also recommendations if I should go for the 2013 or wait longer and keep saving for a 2014 in regards to mechanical differences being the first of the generation. Like I have read there are more issues with the CVT's on the 2013's then 2014. Is this true? it is certified, so that should be covered till 100k miles, but still wanting to be sure on everything before I go drive this car.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
There were wind noise issues at highway speeds on the 2013s. I believe this may still be present on the 2014s and some 2015s, but I think it has largely been addressed (I don't hear excessive noise on my 2015). There was actually a TSB out for this issue. Search around; there are several threads.

The other major issue I considered when getting my Accord was paint chipping around the tail lights from the tail lights being attached too tightly. There's a long thread somewhere on this, too. This issue is still present even on 2015 models, and it really depends on the clearance between the body panels and head/tail lights on each individual car.

·
Registered
5,404 Posts
The only difference between the two is that the 2014 came with a soft rubber mat that is in the cubby where the USB and power port are located. You can order the mat for 2013 cars for about six dollars from your Honda dealer. That's what I did to stop the rattle from objects in the cubby.

I have had no issues with my CVT since new and it runs a smooth as a baby's behind. There is a TSB (Technical Service Bulletin) TSB 13-053, out that cures a problem with very low speed judder if that's an issue. The dealer should be able to check if it has been accomplished on the car you are interested in buying. If the car smoothly accelerates from a standing start with just very light depression of the gas pedal then you either don't have the problem or the TSB has been accomplished. Either way if it's a certified used car the dealer will stand behind it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts