Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

41 - 60 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
I have the drowning noise and vibration in the front of my 2014 sport . Already had the wheels balanced at Honda ---did not help. Going in next week to have them look at it. The assistant service manager already told me , Honda bearing never go bad. Ill deal directly with the service manager. Looked at all the posts here , must be 6,8,10 people that had bad bearings. My 2014 Accord Sport is a nice car , especially with the std 6 speed, hope they bust my cubes too bad to get it fixed. Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a '13 Accord LX and I noticed the exact same sound. Mine has about 41000 miles (I do a lot of driving). Got the tires replaced first, and the noise did not go away, but actually seemed to get worse. Took it to the dealership I bought it from, and the Honda guy test drove it with me. Didn't even leave the parking lot before he could hear it and diagnosed it as a bad bearing. They fixed it, covered under warranty, and the drive home was the quietest drive I've had in a year. Hopefully it lasts this time.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have to join you all in the wheel bearing issue. I have a drone or tire noise that is getting louder. I suspect the wheel bearing(s). got it aligned and tires balanced, noise did not go away. I have eibach springs with 20" wheels, so I suspected it being a bad tire.
Dealer wants 130 just to diagnose. SMH
i have 53k miles so it should be covered by the warranty no?

·
CITIUS::INFERIUS::FORTIUS
1,471 Posts
I have to join you all in the wheel bearing issue. I have a drone or tire noise that is getting louder. I suspect the wheel bearing(s). got it aligned and tires balanced, noise did not go away. I have eibach springs with 20" wheels, so I suspected it being a bad tire.
Dealer wants 130 just to diagnose. SMH
i have 53k miles so it should be covered by the warranty no?
Take it to a different dealer and never go back to that stealership that wants 130 just to diagnose. That's ridiculous. I had mine done under warranty and they just noted my mods in their system in case issue comes up again. Do you know which wheel it is?

they probably won't warranty it since your mods directly affect the part.
I don't believe those mods directly affect the part. Tons of people put on 20s and lower their car without any wheel bearing issues. They will warranty if they want to keep your business. Such a small warranty item on their part would keep a potential customer. Business is business.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I plan to take it to a different dealer as the noise has gotten worse. I plan on putting my stock wheels and getting it checked out. It has gotten loud to where you cant talk on bluetooth without the caller hearing it. I didnt notice it because I drive fast with the stereo loud.
I suspect its coming from the passenger front wheel but it is hard to tell.
Does anyone know what the dealer charges for the repair if its not covered under warranty?
I also suspect it to be an axle because of the vibration that is heard. sounds like
zum zum zum zum zum zum

·
Registered
154 Posts
I posted about this a couple months back. My right rear wheel bearing failed close to 50K. Initially I kept thinking that perhaps it was road noise but if something sounds different, that should be a cue that something is wrong as these cars are pretty quiet. If you suspect an issue, jack the car up and spin the wheel hard. It will be quite obvious if you have a bearing going bad as you will hear a grinding noise. There could also be slop in the wheel if you try to grab it and move it.

Replace under powertrain warranty fortunately. Strange that it seems to always be the right rear...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just found out that the road noise from my 2013 Accord is two bad rear wheel bearings. Only 26,500 miles. Horribly disappointed. Hondas used to be better than this.

·
mobiless2
2,199 Posts
Just found out that the road noise from my 2013 Accord is two bad rear wheel bearings. Only 26,500 miles. Horribly disappointed. Hondas used to be better than this.
Welcome to DA!

You know bearing just don't go bad, the roads you drive on contribute to the bearing going bad. If you live somewhere with potholes, that will eventually damage a bearing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just took my 2013 Accord in for warranty repair. Car has 5100 miles and started making a very noticeable noise that sounded like a new tire drone noise that got louder and louder. Took technician for a test drive and he instantly identified it as the right front wheel bearing. Car in shop overnight waiting for part from Atlanta. Has this happened to anyone else? Hoping this is just a very remote problem. Otherwise very satisfied with vehicle, just got it back from 500 mile trip and got 36 MPG average for entire trip with three adults and luggage.
We had a customer with a 2013 Accord with a bad RF wheel bearing at 46,000 miles. He felt that we should replace both bearing, which we did. The ABS light was then on. We found metal shavings on the right ABS sensor, which we removed. Then the tire pressure light was on non stop as was the traction control light. I asked him to take the car to the dealer. They found metal shavings on the left ABS sensor so they replaced the bearing, which makes no sense to me. Why not simply remove the shavings?

·
Registered
661 Posts
We had a customer with a 2013 Accord with a bad RF wheel bearing at 46,000 miles. He felt that we should replace both bearing, which we did. The ABS light was then on. We found metal shavings on the right ABS sensor, which we removed. Then the tire pressure light was on non stop as was the traction control light. I asked him to take the car to the dealer. They found metal shavings on the left ABS sensor so they replaced the bearing, which makes no sense to me. Why not simply remove the shavings?
If the shavings are related to the bearing going bad then they indicate the left one was in the process of destroying itself. That's probably why.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I plan to take it to a different dealer as the noise has gotten worse. I plan on putting my stock wheels and getting it checked out. It has gotten loud to where you cant talk on bluetooth without the caller hearing it. I didnt notice it because I drive fast with the stereo loud.
I suspect its coming from the passenger front wheel but it is hard to tell.
Does anyone know what the dealer charges for the repair if its not covered under warranty?
I also suspect it to be an axle because of the vibration that is heard. sounds like
zum zum zum zum zum zum
I've started to notice some interesting noises/feelings coming from my car over the past couple months, and as I was searching through the forums for similar symptoms I found this...I hear the same "zum zum zum zum zum" while I'm driving. If I accelerate with moderate to full throttle I feel and hear a vibration-groan combination. Should I suspect axles or wheel bearings? Maybe both? I'll hopefully have time to jack up the car tomorrow and spin the wheels, but the whole acceleration vibration makes me lean toward axles...then I have to decide on quality replacement parts (my car is far out of warranty at 97k miles...might not have the money for dealer parts right now).

·
Vroom Vroom
375 Posts
Had my right rear replaced at 37,500. Under warranty.

41 - 60 of 79 Posts