Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please don't flame, because I can't seem to find the answer. Actually, flame me if you want....because this is a pretty noobish question.

Will 17" factory OEM rims and tires from a 2014 Accord fit on my 2010 Accord LX? Is the bolt pattern the same? Will I have any clearance issues with brakes, fender, etc.?

I'm really wanting to FINALLY get rid of my steelies and I've found a good deal fairly local on a set.

·
2015 Accord Touring I4
2,120 Posts
They will fit perfectly but if they came with tires the will be a little on the big side (still ok) 215/55/17 vs 225/50/17.

You will also have a TPMS light on until you add TPMS sensors to the 9th gen wheels. (I never did and I have the 18s on mine)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You will also have a TPMS light on until you add TPMS sensors to the 9th gen wheels. (I never did and I have the 18s on mine)
These are take off's from a 2014 Accord with the factory Michelin's still mounted to them. He claims the tires have about 500 miles on them.

So, I assume the TPMS will already be inside the tires. If they are, I'll have to go to dealer to have the TPMS's and the computer re-calibrated/re-set?

·
Registered
409 Posts
9th gens don't have TPMS. You will need to transfer yours to the new wheels. Or buy new ones and have the dealership program them in.

·
Car so nice, bought twice
4,708 Posts
9th gens don't have TPMS. You will need to transfer yours to the new wheels. Or buy new ones and have the dealership program them in.
This can be a fiasco (I went through it putting the 9G HFP wheels on my car). You basically need to get a wheel code from an 8G rim that has the same inflation pressures as the 9G rim you're moving to. As said above the 9G doesn't use TPMS sensors to detect low tire pressure, so 9G rims don't come with a wheel code that needs to get punched into the HDS to adjust the TPMS light pressure thresholds. If the wheels use the same pressure as your factory wheels then you don't need to do anything except pair the TPMS sensors to your car. They don't auto-pair.

http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/1...[pics]-2012-accord-9th-gen-19-hfp-wheels.html

Posts 14 and 17 specifically are where I finally got the TPMS sorted out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts