Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2014 Honda Accord LX car and felt the road noise was quite lund when drivng on little rough road. I checked car front and rear tire fenders and found that there are rubber/carpet material insulation pieces added on both rear tire fenders. But couldn't find this kind of insulation piece added on both sides of front tire fender. The front fenders just are metel material pieces. I wonder that the manafacture forgot to put insulation pieces on front tire fender so that causes lond road noise. Do your 2013-2014 Honda Accord cars also have same issue? If all cars are same as mine can we add insulation material on front tire fender to reduce road noise by ourself? Thank you very much!

·
Registered
608 Posts
Bottom line is that you'll have to do a heck of a lot more than just adding insulation to the fender area if you want to quiet this car down. All the doors need to be treated with a layer of mass loaded vinyl, for starters. I was able to reduce noise quite a bit just doing this alone. The floor pan needs treatment as well. It's not particularly expensive material wise, but does consume a lot of time, and you risk adding a lot of weight to the car. If you have the 4 cylinder model this is a significantly greater issue than the V6 model which has more power to compensate. My suggestion for you is to start with the front doors.... the sheet metal is very thin & the thin door panel does very little to absorb noise. Keep in mind that no matter how much insulation you do, you're still going to have a car that's not Lexus quiet mainly because Honda decided to put very cheap thin glass on the Accord and you can't really do anything about that.

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
4,339 Posts
You should have a spray on rubber sound deadener in the front wheel wells. It looks like really thick undercoating.

Jay

1 - 3 of 3 Posts