Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts
The temporary spare tire is mounted on a 16 inch rim.

Hello all !

A few weeks ago I purchased a 2014 Accord EX-L IL4 Sedan, and since it snows here I have looked into winter tires with dedicated rims.

The car came with 17" rims. The dealership was uncertain if I could put 16" steel rims on my car (they would rub, it was stated) and of course the price is high for 17's.

Does anyone have personal experience with putting 16" rims on this vehicle?

There is another tire shop in town that I will be calling, but I thought I would ask the internet first.

Thanks!

Ray

So in a nutshell the Accord sport that comes with 235-45-18 tires would be the main car in question. We have the 2015 Sport, I assume the brakes are the same from LX to Sport, anybody know for sure? Has anyone put 16's on a sport? BTW the tire rack site does not list the sport. They do recommend 16's for the LX.

i have 18inch sport wheels for summer but i will change next summer for some other 18inch but lighter wheels. i bought 17inch very nice wheels for winter. 215 etc tires. but i think its still to wide for winter.. i seem to not be able to go from a stop as fast as any car. My car spins everywhere lolll. maybe those 17inch wheels are too Light !!! loll

i have 18inch sport wheels for summer but i will change next summer for some other 18inch but lighter wheels. i bought 17inch very nice wheels for winter. 215 etc tires. but i think its still to wide for winter.. i seem to not be able to go from a stop as fast as any car. My car spins everywhere lolll. maybe those 17inch wheels are too Light !!! loll
What kind of tire do you have on your winter wheels?

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.