Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys:

This is my first post and i'm new to the forum. My flamesuit is on by the way. :banana:

I'm thinking of switching out HB/LB/FOG, etc. basically all the lighting in the front to HID. I have been searching on ebay but am a little lost because of all the different kits they have available.

The question: Which complete kit should I buy and which one should I stay away? Any websites you recommend?

The Disclaimer: I'm a noob when it comes to installation so I'll probably need professional installation. If any of you live in Dallas area and have recommendations, it would be great!

Thanks all.

Rockaren

·
Registered
14 Posts
There is no need for professional installation. If you can change a light bulb on your car, you can install hids. The only suggestion I recommend to you is that you do NOT put hids in your high beams.

·
Banned
5,773 Posts
There is no need for professional installation. If you can change a light bulb on your car, you can install hids. The only suggestion I recommend to you is that you do NOT put hids in your high beams.
Why not?

I have 55W 4300K HIDs in my high beams. The amount of light output is outrageous and useful.

Thinking about going to 70W now.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Why not?

I have 55W 4300K HIDs in my high beams. The amount of light output is outrageous and useful.

Thinking about going to 70W now.
70W sounds melty to me.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Halogen high beams are more than enough... and this is coming from a guy that uses them all the time.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Get the ZXE or the PIAA for the high beam, hid's aren't worth it on the high beam. As for the hid's don't go with ebay xentec, I would highly recommend 35w morimoto kits but if you're on a tight budget go with a 35w ddm tuning tuning kit fairly cheap. Also while you're changing those bulbs get a pair of high power 921 led's for the parking light strip as well. After all that change the licence plate bulbs with t10 led's from superbrightleds dot com as well as the interior.

·
Registered
228 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Yes, where in NC are you? If you're near me, I can show you what it looks like.
I'm opposite of you, over on the coast by Atlantic Beach. :D

I'm running HIDs in lows and fogs, so might as well make it 3 for 3.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hello guys:

This is my first post and i'm new to the forum. My flamesuit is on by the way. :banana:

I'm thinking of switching out HB/LB/FOG, etc. basically all the lighting in the front to HID. I have been searching on ebay but am a little lost because of all the different kits they have available.

The question: Which complete kit should I buy and which one should I stay away? Any websites you recommend?

The Disclaimer: I'm a noob when it comes to installation so I'll probably need professional installation. If any of you live in Dallas area and have recommendations, it would be great!

Thanks all.

Rockaren
1. Search for the all-star hid kit in this forum. Install for lows. Don't buy the eBay harnesses mentioned as bulbs now coming with harnesses. You'll just need the bulbs and ballasts.
2. Forget about your highs or put in some beefy silvania blah blah if you want.
3. Color match hids in fogs or take easy route and go yellow fogs which looks great. This is what I did. PIAA ion yellow.
4. Buy led bulbs to replace parking light bulbs so ugly halogen doesn't come between your nice new lows and fogs.

Enjoy!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
143 Posts
The general consensus appears to be that running HIDs for the high beam is a bad idea.

What is the drawback, just curious.

·
2014 V6 EXL Sedan
2,056 Posts
The general consensus appears to be that running HIDs for the high beam is a bad idea.

What is the drawback, just curious.
Because typically you just flash your highs and hids take several seconds or more to light up fully...they have that initial flash and then warm up, so rapid cycling them probably looks weird and is hard on the bulbs.

I bought the v6 so I have the awesome LED DRLS and beyond that I never use highs . I live in the burbs though. I guess if you live in rural area where you use highs often and for longish periods at a time it might be different

·
Banned
5,773 Posts
Because typically you just flash your highs and hids take several seconds or more to light up fully...they have that initial flash and then warm up, so rapid cycling them probably looks weird and is hard on the bulbs.
If you have good HIDs, when you flash your high beams the HIDs give enough initial start-up brightness to be effective at flashing/getting attention during the daytime and nighttime, therefore that is not an issue.

I flash my high beam HIDs all the time and people get out of the way in a hurry. It works well.

The argument that the flashing could be bad for the HID ballast/capsules may be true but I've never had any issues in my many years of using HIDs (flashing) in various vehicles. These HID kits are cheap even for a good kit (~$40). If it goes out after many years of use then that is $40 well spent.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts