Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like my wife is due to have the brakes replaced on her Accord Sport. Pads are thin and she has a slight pulse when stopping. Looking for a oem equivalent pads and rotors. Any suggestions? Nothing fancy it's just the 4 banger. Thanks.

·
Registered
133 Posts
you can check rockauto.com for rotors and recommend sticking with OEM pads. I've purchased in the past the "oem equivalent pads" to only end u with noise issues.
The backing plate would always separate from the pads. at the end OEM pads arent that much more compared to the generics.

but you can also get oem equivalent pads at rockauto or even autozone. I think they have some duralast gold for 30 bucks for Front and 30 for Rear.

·
Reverse Gear
935 Posts
I put these on the back of our V6. Bosch BC1451 QuietCast Premium... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B015FXF7EK?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

are you changing out the fronts or rears? Akebono is also a brand worth your consideration.
As for rotors, I will defer to others. I got Centric rotors on my 7th gen the last time. My perception was that the factory ones were better.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I’m only doing the front right now. Rear pads have a lot of meat left. I may just get the duralast from autozone.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I'll second the recommendations here for OEM pads and rotors. I've gotten great wear out of mine. Of course, I don't abuse my brakes either, particularly by doing max-effort stops at intersections and then leaving the brakes applied.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Centric Premium daily-driver grade ceramic pads and painted rotors on Rock Auto

·
Registered
103 Posts
I went with Centric rotors and OEM pads two years ago (all 4 corners) and zero complaints so far.

·
BRWNFLSH now
6,640 Posts
Anybody try the Brembo coated rotors from RockAuto?

·
8th Gen Believer
3,883 Posts
OEM only here. For some parts, especially brakes, there's nothing better.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts