Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After owning a '13 and a '14, I've noticed a few very minor changes between the two cars (so far).

1. The '14 has added a rubberized insert on the bottom of the lower cubby. This is much better than the grooved plastic my '13 had. I keep my badge for work there and it would slide around before. Now, it stays put.

2. There's no power button on the rear view mirror. I never used it, so it doesn't matter. Just simply noticed it.

3. There's no handle on the inside of the trunk lid. I'm wondering if my just didn't get one. There's the flat spot for it, just no handle. There's no alternative handle either.

That's what I've confirmed so far. The seats feel different, but I'm not sure if it's just a placebo from driving a rental for 3 weeks. Audio is the same subpar, driving dynamics feel similar though I believe the trans is still "learning". Backup camera looks a little different to me, but I can't confirm.

Anyone else noticed anything?

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Is the rubberized insert glued in or just sitting on top of the plastic? Is it available as a part?

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
The new LX cloth looks fantastic. The pattern -- which appears on the doors, seats, and armrest -- looks very upscale. Arguably classier looking than the Sport or EX cloth seats.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Picture of the rubberized insert?
I'll get a pic of it tomorrow. Nothing special, but something I noticed. I had purchased and cut to fit one of those dash pad "sticky" things to fit there. It was a nice surprise.
Is the rubberized insert glued in or just sitting on top of the plastic? Is it available as a part?
I'll search through some parts later, but it's glued in at least. The front edge is loose, but I can't easily peel it off and didn't want to try.

As for seats, I have an EX-L, so not the cloth. I was speaking more of bolsters. It seems like they may have widened the seats to fit more Americans. I recall feeling a bit more snug in my 2013. Again, this is just my impression and may be false.

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
4,339 Posts
After owning a '13 and a '14, I've noticed a few very minor changes between the two cars (so far).

1. The '14 has added a rubberized insert on the bottom of the lower cubby. This is much better than the grooved plastic my '13 had. I keep my badge for work there and it would slide around before. Now, it stays put.

2. There's no power button on the rear view mirror. I never used it, so it doesn't matter. Just simply noticed it.

3. There's no handle on the inside of the trunk lid. I'm wondering if my just didn't get one. There's the flat spot for it, just no handle. There's no alternative handle either.

That's what I've confirmed so far. The seats feel different, but I'm not sure if it's just a placebo from driving a rental for 3 weeks. Audio is the same subpar, driving dynamics feel similar though I believe the trans is still "learning". Backup camera looks a little different to me, but I can't confirm.

Anyone else noticed anything?
That would be a bummer if the bean counters axed that. I thought it was genius.

Jay

·
Registered
495 Posts
Picture of the rubberized insert?
My cousin got a 2014 model a few months ago and he noticed that mine didn't have the rubber mat like his so he sent me a picture of it.

I looked up the part number to see if I could order the piece but it's not available by itself. The only way you can get that piece is if you order the center console piece which is almost $40. I emailed Paul from College Hills Honda and he confirmed that it is available with the the console piece. It's weird since it's just a rubber piece with a sticky backing.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That would be a bummer if the bean counters axed that. I thought it was genius.

Jay
Just searched through parts diagrams. The handle is listed under 2013 but not 2014. All to save $5.

Part number: 84635-sea-003zf

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
4,339 Posts
Just searched through parts diagrams. The handle is listed under 2013 but not 2014. All to save $5.

Part number: 84635-sea-003zf
Had to cut somewhere to get the rubber mat for the cubby I guess.

Jay

·
CVT
514 Posts
things roll around too much in the cubbies without a mat. honda really should have thrown in the rubber mat on the 13s.. even if it added on to the msrp. you would think that they wouldnt let any room for criticism in regards to the interior materials after the whole civic debacle..:thumbsdow

·
Registered
924 Posts
wow i use that handle all the time. its especially nice for right after i detail the car and dont want to close the trunk with my grubby fingers since its really the only way to avoid touching the paint. i have showed other people the handle on their own cars that they never knew existed too lol.

·
Enjoying Life!!!
55 Posts
Like the idea of the mat and might have to look into it more when I get a chance.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
wow i use that handle all the time. its especially nice for right after i detail the car and dont want to close the trunk with my grubby fingers since its really the only way to avoid touching the paint. i have showed other people the handle on their own cars that they never knew existed too lol.
Handle on the inside of the trunk lid??

Did I miss that? I'll have to look at it after I get home tonight.

·
loving the V6 growl :D
444 Posts
I have a '13, and i have the rubberized insert..

Weird!

·
9th Gen Coupe
825 Posts

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Really Honda!?! You omitted a plastic handle just so you could add a rubber mat? It is a 3 dollar plastic part, for eff sakes...

1 - 20 of 114 Posts