Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

2014 EX-L driver's power seat not sliding

803 views 11 replies 3 participants last post by  gfaccord 
#1 ·
I took my car for a car wash and they moved the seat all the way to the back but the control for forward/backward is not responding anymore. The other controls work. Also the position memory is dead too (not sure if it was before or not).

I checked both fuses for the power seat but unfortunately they are intact.

Anything that I can try? Also is there an easy way to move the seat manually? I tried a Google but I only got generic info.

I have an appointment with a shop in a week but I will be driving a lot until then, including tomorrow for Thanksgiving.

#4 ·
You stated you got the car washed. Did that include the interior? Is it possible water, or some type of cleaning fluid contaminated the switch? If you have some electronic cleaner handy, maybe try spraying that into the switch? Hopefully someone with a better understanding of car electronics will reply. I'm just thinking of simple causes, and solutions.

#7 ·
I tried the contact cleaner and it didn't do anything. The other directions of the switch work. By adjusting the other directions, the seat is good enough for me, but not for anyone shorter. I just hope that the shop can quickly find the issue and that the repair doesn't cost more than a few hundred (it seems to be the minimum for anything these days).

Last week it was in the shop, and they replaced the belt tensioner because of a loud whine and the water pump preemptively. They also moved the seat, but I was able to move it back. It is almost 9 years old but only has 55k miles.

#8 ·
Thanks for the heads-up, it looks ok, I wiped the excess right away. I looked with a flashlight, I couldn't find anything loose and paid particular attention to the forward/backward motor and the switch connectors. There are a lot of things going on down there. I sure hope that is something silly, but I am prepared for the worst.

The shop told me that they are going to run electronic diagnostics and I couldn't take it today because their system was down, but I have an appointment for the 5th.

#10 ·
It got fixed today; $575 total, including tax. It was the seat's power switch. I asked them to show it to me, it looks water-resistant, so I don't know why it malfunctioned, I guess its time was up. Now the seat movement is working and the memory function too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.