Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2015 Honda Accord EX-L
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Push start all of a sudden is inconsistent. Power comes every time, no issues. But the push button doesn’t start the car, I’m holding the brake down. It works eventually but can take a few tries. I have (2) remotes, both inconsistent. Old Remote battery? Sensor? Starter? Thoughts? Thanks gang.

· Registered
686 Posts
This is the 8th gen forum not the 9th gen forum. Does it make a grinding sound? It's likely the starter grinding issue.

· Registered
2015 Honda Accord EX-L
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is the 8th gen forum not the 9th gen forum. Does it make a grinding sound? It's likely the starter grinding issue.
My badd! It’s fixed now. It was the starter, I have seen several videos intermittent starting on these being the starter typically. Luckily the guy I bought it from still had two more years of extended warranty - $100 copay at Honda dealership vs. $850+ normal. Good stuff. Thx for looking though !

· Registered
686 Posts
My badd! It’s fixed now. It was the starter, I have seen several videos intermittent starting on these being the starter typically. Luckily the guy I bought it from still had two more years of extended warranty - $100 copay at Honda dealership vs. $850+ normal. Good stuff. Thx for looking though !
A starter is like $250 and 30 minutes tops to install I'm pretty sure, dealers are just overpriced.

· Registered
2015 Honda Accord EX-L
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A starter is like $250 and 30 minutes tops to install I'm pretty sure, dealers are just overpriced.
Yeah I found them for $200-$300. Super overpriced. Apparently on the 2.4L it’s a little tougher because the starter is above the axle and driveshaft. Not impossible but pretty darn deep in there. Thank you again.

· Registered
686 Posts
Yeah I found them for $200-$300. Super overpriced. Apparently on the 2.4L it’s a little tougher because the starter is above the axle and driveshaft. Not impossible but pretty darn deep in there. Thank you again.
You said EX-L So I assumed V6 where it's right at the top

1 - 6 of 6 Posts