Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

How long were you on the 2014 Honda Accord Hybrid Waiting List?

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How long did it take to get your new 2014 Honda Accord Hybrid from the day you ordered it until you got it?

Are you in the US or Canada?

·
Registered
58 Posts
I ordered my Accord Hybrid touring from Mistlin Honda in Modesto, Ca. Henry promised me he would have it in 4 to 6 weeks. 25 days later it arrived. I've had it now for 3 weeks and put over 1600 miles on it. I'm finding that driving in B for city driving really helps you to stay in EV mode. Filled it up today and drove the mile to my house from the gas station and got 199.1 mpg. :banana:
It is completely flat so no down hill. I'm sure I won't maintain that, but it's fun seeing what is possible. My best Honda purchase so far.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's good to read. I'm glad you are enjoying your new Accord. You got yours quickly.

·
Registered
127 Posts
It took about 3-4 weeks to get mine. I just worked with several dealers until one was able to get the one I wanted. This was back in December when supplies where very short. There seems to be more out there now but they are still selling pretty quick.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm in Canada. I ordered mine March 6th. It was supposed to be here in April. It was postponed to May 28th. Now I'm told June 25th.

It seems to be an issue with the Canadian dealers according to what I'm observing so far.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Was waiting for a bus right next door to the Honda dealer. Went inside to warm up a little. It was sitting on the showroom floor. Had just been parked there for like 30 minutes. I asked if I could drive it. They said "sure". I came back to the dealer and made an offer. One hour later I was driving it home! LOL

I was lucky I think. At first they weren't eager to let it go. Said something about keeping it for demo purposes. Also it was Christmas Eve and they were NOT busy.

·
174 Posts
No waiting list here either. Emailed dealer and told them to email me when they had a Touring Hybrid in stock; they emailed back a few days later.

·
Registered
27 Posts
No wait. We just went to the dealership and pick it up after 3 hours of negotiating. We saw three other hybrids on the lot.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No wait. We just went to the dealership and pick it up after 3 hours of negotiating. We saw three other hybrids on the lot.
That's unbelievable Diablo. Are you in Canada? It's interesting to know what states/country has the faster delivery of the vehicle once it's ordered. I'm starting to get a real impression that there is something wrong with the Canadian dealers as they are having a time getting them. I told my dealer I was very disappointed, and I would wait one more month for it to come. He said, "This might make you feel better. People who ordered their cars in November just got them this week!" Huh?!? That's a 6 month wait? Ridiculous. It makes me feel worse because I ordered my car during the first week of March. Does this mean I'll have to wait until September to get it? Just before the 2015 models come out?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Ordered it Dec 2013, dealer said it'd take a few weeks. Called after 4 weeks and asked if I'd take a different colour (originally ordered White). Nahh, I didn't want Grey or Black. Two weeks later they called and said there may be a problem getting White, would I take Black that's coming in 4 weeks? Told 'em "no thanks, I'll wait". A couple days later I got a call from the Sales Manager - if I'd consider a Black one, he'd throw in all weather floor mats and a remote starter. I took it; 3 months after ordering, I got my Hybrid.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That was the right thing of them to do - make a deal. It's not what you ordered, but at least you got some compensation for taking something a different colour.

In Canada, we only have 2 choices. The basic 2014 Accord Hybrid, or the 2014 Accord Hybrid Touring. For the basic car, we have only 3 colour choices. For the Touring Hybrid, there are 4 colour choices.

Basic Hybrid Colours:
Gray, White, Black

Touring Hybrid Colours:
Gray, White, Black, Blue

I ordered a Blue car as I'm getting the touring model. He told me that the blue car that I ordered has been manufactured, but the hold up is with the railway. They only have so many box cars that can ship the Honda's into Canada and mine didn't make it for May. That leads me to believe it will be here by June, but I'm not holding my breath. He said he was 80 to 90 percent sure it would be in by June 25. It's almost 4 months after I ordered it, and there are no guarantees.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
When I bought my EX-L at the end of March, they had three of them parked out front.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Toronto, Canada, ordered On March 28, and the clock is still ticking.
When I placed my order, they already told me to be expected in July or even later.

Sigh.........

·
Registered
24 Posts
a bunch of dealers here in socal had them available when i was looking. no wait really. but i didnt make a decision to buy a hybrid until months later after initially looking. and of course a bunch more was available when i finally did buy mines.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It seems easy to get one in the US. It's odd Canada is having these issues. I took a grey one for a test drive and it was the only one the dealer had. It was their demo car. I went to 6 dealers in Ottawa/Gatineau and only 2 had a hybrid car back on March. The rest didn't have one and no idea as to when one would come in. One dealer told me he was expecting one in for a customer within 2 weeks and told me to come back to test drive it but I would not be allowed to drive it off the lot. I could only drive in the dealer parking lot. I wasn't very impressed with that for two reasons:

- You cannot properly test a car by driving it in a small parking lot.
- The owner of the vehicle has other people driving their brand new car before they take it.

I figured that dealer would do that to my car if I bought one so I walked away as fast as I could from that place.

It's really been an ordeal and originally I was quite excited about getting my 3rd Accord and adopting this new technology. Now I wonder if I should just wait for the 2015 Accord Hybrid. If they keep putting me on hold every month we will soon be into fall.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Toronto, Canada, ordered On March 28, and the clock is still ticking.
When I placed my order, they already told me to be expected in July or even later.
Thanks MaxBoy.

It sounds like they are least being honest with you. Please let me know if you get it sooner. There is an issue getting these cars here in Canada.

Can I ask what colour you ordered?

·
Registered
684 Posts
It's ridiculous in this day and age that there's no consistent or accurate way to inform someone who is spending $30,000 for a car when it will arrive.

I voted 2 months. I started trying to buy one a few weeks after they were released. By the middle of December I was tired of trying so hard and ordered one from a local dealer. Of course they couldn't tell me when I'd get it, only that if I didn't have it in three months they'd refund my deposit. A couple of weeks after I ordered it I found one 6 hours away and bought it.

Now I could have had one from that dealer in December but it wasn't the color I wanted. I had to have Obsidian Blue Pearl and that's what I got :D

When I bought mine at the beginning of January there were about 400 Hybrids on cars.com. Right now there are about 1,230!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'm glad you found one. What happened to your deposit that you gave to the first dealer?

Here in Canada the cars cost even more. Plus I ordered the undercoating and final coat paint protection and a couple of accessory add ons. The total I'm paying is $43,000 Canadian and they cannot give me a correct date of delivery. There is something horribly wrong with this picture. Good point!

1 - 20 of 72 Posts