Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I got a Honda Accord 2014 Lx last year and it has serious rattling issues. Based on the video, the noise seemed to come from the passenger side of dashboard.

So I had put a cushion over there and the rattling stopped. I made my fourth trip to dealership and told this had been the issue. He did testing on the car for 6 hours and finally put tape inside and said the issue is fixed. It went okay for a week and now the now it makes noise like an old car.

I am tired of making trips to dealership. He tells me car is all nuts and bolts and hot weather affects it adversely. I am originally from a country where temperature reaches 115 F and roads are much bumpier than US roads. Still car especially Honda Accord and other Honda variants don't make noise there.

Should i write this concern directly to Honda?

Thanks for the help
Edit: It is covered under warranty. I have driven it only 4000 miles, it's a new car.

·
8th Gen Believer
3,952 Posts
You didn't say if this is covered by warranty. If so, and if there's another dealer in your area, try them. If not, seek out a really trusted tech at an independent shop.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Check out TSB 14-067 - has to do with the rattling you may hear. I can't see the YouTube video at work, but, maybe look in to it? Apparently the bolts on the struts loosen up. Might not be it exactly, but, yeah...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He replaced that in first 2 visits. What he did this time (putting tape) was done in recent 2 visits.

·
Registered
704 Posts
My rattle is coming from my passenger A Pillar next to the front windshield, i hear it mostly in the mornings when it is cold. Somedays i dont hear it at all...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts