Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got this code on my 6sp sport 2.4l 96k. This being a cylinder #4 misfire. I already changed the plug and coil. Still doing little hesitation when i reset the car then after driving a little its like i can't press the gas hard enough for the car to go. I'm stuck on what i should do next, I was thinking maybe fuel injector. I also read about valve adjustment, but my thought is that it would be consistent.
I checked air leaks but didn't find any.
Has anyone had this problem and fixed it?
Thank you!

·
Premium Member
1,950 Posts
Unless your valves are really out of spec, chances are it's not that...
Do you do mostly short trips in the the car? It's COVID time so cars aren't being driven much.

Throw a bottle of Chevron Techron in the tank, along with at least a half tank of gas, and run the "urine" out of it. Take it for a good blast.
With a DI engine, you may have crud in a injector.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unless your valves are really out of spec, chances are it's not that...
Do you do mostly short trips in the the car? It's COVID time so cars aren't being driven much.

Throw a bottle of Chevron Techron in the tank, along with at least a half tank of gas, and run the "urine" out of it. Take it for a good blast.
With a DI engine, you may have crud in a injector.
I drive it everyday. Fortunately I’m still working.

That’s what I’m going towards, the injectors.
I can’t see it being the valves.

I threw sea foam in the tank, And then filled it, im at 3/4 tank.

The car doesn’t let me even take it past 3k and it takes like 10-20secs to even get to 35mph so I can’t even drive it hard unfortunately. I hear my PCV valve whistling, but not too sure that, that will cause my problem.

·
8th Gen Believer
4,013 Posts
I'm not sure either, but I'd change it. It's cheap and easy.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just wanted to give an update maybe some would want to do preventive maintenance. Took it to the shop, they said cylinder #4 injector was bad as of right now. They need to take the intake out to check the wiring. But just wanted to let others know just Incase. After the car is completed I will give another update.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts