Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Pete91
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I'm a proud 2014 Honda Accord Sport trim owner. However, from yesterday I've been hearing minor rattling noises with an interval of 1-2 seconds while cruising. It isn't so bad up to the point, where I would freak out, however it does concern me... If anyone has this issue to please respond as we can help each other out. Oh and the rattling seems to be coming from the driver side area. Either the ac vents, dash board, or the window area. Thank you

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
first check your cup holder. bottles and stuff don't balance well and will rattle a resonating sound that makes you look up, not down.

second start applying pressure to likely areas when the noise is occurring to try and isolate it.

·
Pete91
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I removed everything from the car and test drove it today. As bad as it is, the sound wouldn't disappear. I don't think it's a critical problem and would effect the car's performance in any way, however as a consumer it is concerning. And thank you for your reply, I will take your advice into consideration.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Check the cover on the seatbelt anchor right by your ear, and change the slot height making sure it fully locks into place.

Seems there are more stories of rattles and squeaks with the ninth gen than many including myself would consider acceptable.

My friend's 8th gen is still completely rattle free after 60,000 miles.

·
PLATINUM PLAYER
82 Posts
The cover inside the door handle started to rattle a little bit after I removed it when doing the tweeter install

2014 Sport Sedan 6MT

·
Thunder Up!
2,559 Posts
Check the air bag cover. When it's making the noise, slightly press on the horn, but don't sound it. I have that rattle, but mine is out of the VIN range... Don't care though. First oil change I'm having them fix it.

·
Pete91
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you

Thank you for all your vivid details and opinions, It means a lot. Currently, the rattle isn't so bad. Usually people don't notice it when they get in my car, but still... it is a new car. I scheduled an appointment tomorrow at 8:00 AM sharp. I will update you guys on what may be the problem. I'm just afraid they won't be able to detect what's causing it. Worst case scenario is, I will argue with the LEMONLAW if that's how you call it and try to obtain a new car.

·
Pete91
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well.. then I guess my only option is to find out and fix it or just go with a little bit of rattling. Everything else is perfect for the car. It's not a big deal as long as it doesn't hurt the car or affect its performance. I'll update what happened at the dealer.

·
Registered
41 Posts
2014 sport

My car had/has the same issues. Since day one I felt a weird rattle. Thought it was the seat belt but that was discarded. Then the rattle became unbearable, specially when doing turns and on not so smooth roads. Took it back to the dealership. They removed the center piece (where the cup holders are) and told me it was vibrating against the bottom of the dash. That rattle was gone after they used some kind of polyurethane tape to avoid the vibration. Now I have a new one coming from the passenger side, still not sure if it is the glove box compartment or the door. It's not all the time and it's specially noticeable over 40 mph and bumpy roads. I plan on taking it back to the dealership next month as it's not extremely annoying and I can't hear it with Pandora on with the volume on 15. My recomendation, whatever issues you might encounter on the first year take it back to be fixed at all costs. After the first year might be harder.

·
Pete91
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think you drive the same car as me. 2014 Honda Accord Sport (Pearl white). Thank you for your consideration, I plan on taking my car to Honda as much as I can and will fix all issues. Thanks for sharing your experience with me. 2014 Honda Accord Sport is a great car and I just don't want a small rattle ruining the car. Anyways take care and I will update all of you guys with my experience at the dealership.

·
Registered
1 Posts
rattle from accord sport

whatever happened with the rattle? I just bought a 2014 accord sport and there is an irritating rattle seeming to come from the beam with has the drivers seat belt.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
My rattle was coming from the front passenger side near the pillar. Just loud enough to irritate me if the radio was not on. Turned out that if the front passenger seat was in just the right position it would cause the seat belt to rub and make the noise. I adjusted the seat belt anchor, moved the seating position ever so slightly and no more noise. Glad it turned out to be a simple fix. The rattle was driving me crazy.

·
Registered
126 Posts
It took a lot meditation and therapy, but I've learned to embrace the rattle. Be one with the rattle, make peace with the rattle, love the rattle. It's what makes your Accord sport unique!

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Does such a place exist? Oh yeah, I remember, it's called Oz. All roads lead to the Wizard and I'm sure he can solve the problem.

·
Registered
11 Posts
my driver's sun visor rattles when i put it to the left. I haven't checked if the passenger side sun visor does the same thing.

·
Pete91
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Reply to All

Well so I took the car in to the dealer on November. However, they couldn't find out what it was. I was planning on taking the car back right after but figured I'll go during oil change.

The rattle has gotten worse. Now it just feels like a bolt is straight up lose. However, bluetooth music at volume 15 drowns out the rattle mostly. Also when driving on smooth roads it's rattle free. I'm predicting the rattle is coming from one of the airbag bolts on top of the driver side window. I will take it back to the dealer during oil change and inform them the problem hasn't been resolved.

Other than that it's best to just accept it for now. Besides the car itself is great and nothing's 100% perfect.

I will update you guys again if I do go to the dealer in the near future.

G

·
I purchased a new 2013 Accord in August 2013. I've had three main rattles:
1. Coming from the headliner directly next to the drivers left ear. Incredibly annoying.
2. Coming from the left side of the dashboard. It's most common in warmer weather and bumpy roads. Again, very annoying.
3. Coming from the passanger seat. It sounds almost like a taser going off (click, click, click) really fast. This happens in very cold weather.

I'm afraid this well affect resale value. Honda does not seem concerned about this issue. People want new Honda's to meet their expectations of quality, and this is a big drawback in my opinion.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts