Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi how do you remove the rear speaker grill? do i have to pop the whole rear deck or does the grill come off with its own clip? i tried popping off the grill but no success yet. i have a 2014 coupe.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They are part of the rear deck, Pilotbear removed them and they ended up cutting the area off.
you mean i have to remove the whole rear deck :mad: ? i was afraid of that. has someone done this? i searched for some DIY but have not found one yet. if this has been covered can someone post the link. Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Removing rear deck made simple

Removing rear deck made simple (SEDAN)

What you need
- 10mm socket + ratchet
- Flat head screw driver
- Hammer that is padded

1. Remove shoulder pieces on each side of car
- 10mm Socket + ratchet to remove
- To expose bolt 10mm bolts, lift rear buttocks seat from lateral cleavage side where the seat belt buckles come out of. 10mm shoulder bolt should be exposed. When bolt is removed, lift shoulder piece upwards then outwards then it should be removed

2. Remove c-panel covers (3 green clips) on each side of car
- Just yank each clip out one by one

3. Disconnect rear break light plug
- located on driver side under rear shoulder pad, only exposed when you take the driver side shoulder piece out, colored white

4. Disconnect rear deck clips behind rear passenger seats (5 clips)
- Put the rear seats down to expose rear deck circular external clips.
- disconnect 5 clips with flat head + fingers

5. Disconnect the actual rear deck (8 green clips)
4 clips inner, these can be yanked out upwards from inside
4 clips outer, these are exposed in the trunk, colored green, hammer them in with a hammer that is padded. I used a metal hammer with the head wrapped with electrical tape.

6. Lift up rear deck and yank out with no fear
- Separate seatbelts through the factory made slots on the rear deck
- All speakers should be exposed

My rear deck sound deadening project made from 8 dollar 3mm yogamat from walmart. cut to fit all speaker openings, baby seat mounts, and clips. Double sided tape was used to aid in securing yoga mat.

Rear deck rattling gone, aftermarket sub hitting clean bass notes. Most of rear deck rattling comes from the brake light housing area. Hope this helps

Attachments

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
4,339 Posts
@ frekinz and fizmixa
thanks for the link and for the specific post.
Push the flippin' "Thanks" button!!!

:furious: :headbash:

Jay

1 - 8 of 8 Posts