Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2014 Sport with <200 miles on it and I noticed a rattle caused by vibration at head level in driver door (where door meets fram of car). Was not there when the car was first driven. It sounds like it is behind the ceiling handle / "O.S." handle on driver side. Anyone else experience this? Should I just assume I need a trip to the dealership?

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
4,339 Posts
I try to trace down rattles myself. Success having the dealer cure rattles for me has been abysmal at best.

Good luck.

Jay

·
Registered
30 Posts
I've noticed the same thing on my '14 Sport - mine is an intermittent 'buzz' coming the rubber strip between the door frame and the headliner trim (the rubber gasket overlaps the trim in this area). I've massaged it and it stopped, but came back in the extreme cold. Next step for me will be to put an extremely tiny dab of silicone lube on a thin piece of cloth and see if I can lubricate whatever is squeaking.

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
I have never had much luck with a dealer finding rattles either, but when my Frontier was new it developed a rattle in the area behind the seats. I took it to the dealer and the service writer said she knew what it was and fixed it without even taking the truck out for a test drive.

·
Austin, TX
85 Posts
I had a noise at the same location. It was a clicking sound, very obvious. The technician at the dealership couldn't hear it on test drive, but my service rep clearly heard it on another test drive. It turned out to be contact between the window tinting and seal. There was stickiness apparently. The service rep said they made a window "adjustment" but I don't know exactly what they did. You could probably try a lubricant and see if that helps, as someone else suggested.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I have the same buzz on my Sport, just to the left of the overhead pull handle. When I press the headliner just to the left of the handle it goes away, will take it in to the dealer when spring comes, do not like the idea of them breaking plastic clips in the cold if they have to pull the roof liner

·
Captain Slow
147 Posts
I have what seems to be the exact same rattle from the handle so apparently it is not an isolated issue. I have little faith in dealers when it comes to finding rattles so I'll probably DIY it once I have the time. I already tackled a rattle coming from the overhead console that was similarly annoying.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have it too in my Sport, but it sounds like it's coming from my driver seatbelt where it retracts into the B pillar. I've punched it a few times, but gave up. I just turn up the stereo...which makes me curse those awful OEM speakers :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts