Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

61 - 80 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
I would double check the wiring for the tuner, If you're using the tuner from the 2016+ yearmodels, it should work, if you're using the 2015 tuner, I couldn't say if it would work. I Imagine it won't.

My camera is a little off from what it was before, but I have the fixed camera, I adjusted it all the way up in the diagnostic screen and it still has a pretty good view. Was your hybrid able to change the camera views before?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yes my tuner is 2015 model which came with my car so i guess it not recognized .as for camera yes i can adjust in diag mode ,but my radio came from a coupe so it may be off .as coupe camera is bumper mounted.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi guys! I'm getting a 2014 V6 EXL soon, and I've been following the thread for some time.
I see you were able to mount everything aesthetically, but in terms of functionality, what weren't you able to achieve ? Also is it mandatory the panels around the HU? Because its bigger ?
Side camera works too?
Thanks !

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi guys! I'm getting a 2014 V6 EXL soon, and I've been following the thread for some time.
I see you were able to mount everything aesthetically, but in terms of functionality, what weren't you able to achieve ? Also is it mandatory the panels around the HU? Because its bigger ?
Side camera works too?
Thanks !
in terms of functionality you would need a new tuner and extend xm antenna cable to connect to the xm fakra connector in the trunk.Camera is ok but needs newer camera in my case as my camera view is not the same like my old radio(wide etc).extra usb needs to be connected as existing usb works ,2016 radio has 2 usb's.
Yes a little bit of aesthetics are affected as new radio is bigger so you would need garnish ,trim and visor to make it look like OEM.

·
Registered
3 Posts
in terms of functionality you would need a new tuner and extend xm antenna cable to connect to the xm fakra connector in the trunk.Camera is ok but needs newer camera in my case as my camera view is not the same like my old radio(wide etc).extra usb needs to be connected as existing usb works ,2016 radio has 2 usb's.
Yes a little bit of aesthetics are affected as new radio is bigger so you would need garnish ,trim and visor to make it look like OEM.
So garnishes fix aesthetic, did you get the hand free microphone to work (read some ANC issues with compatibility with the 16' radio)
Camera u have issues cuz u got a couple radio or cuz u have a 15' hybrid? Or it's a compatibility issues between 15' and 16'?
Other than that everything else is working ? Carplay/android auto?
Also is the sound better? Or it's the same ?
Is any harness needed? Or a custom one ?
And how much you estimated this upgrade?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hello,

Can I swap my accord Hybrid 2017 basic radio to touring radio?
yes this should be possible ,you will need to get one day access to honda and download audio unit connector and circuit for radio etc,most likely it did not change as i do have the 2017 connector diagram.check the connectors as well.oh for basic radio fcan and reverse connections will need to be connected with taps to the couple of connectors in the car

So garnishes fix aesthetic, did you get the hand free microphone to work (read some ANC issues with compatibility with the 16' radio)
Camera u have issues cuz u got a couple radio or cuz u have a 15' hybrid? Or it's a compatibility issues between 15' and 16'?
Other than that everything else is working ? Carplay/android auto?
Also is the sound better? Or it's the same ?
Is any harness needed? Or a custom one ?
And how much you estimated this upgrade?
yes hands free works perfectly fine ,you will need to make a connector using Mx34 connector to the hfl module.if you want a clean install like i did with no wires cut tap etc best to create custom harnesses.for each connector.
Camera issue i am not sure as i need to try a 2016 camera .thinking its compatibility issue not a hybrid issue.lane watch camera works very well though.
Car play works very well .
sound is same as my car has an Amp with sub woofer already.i took time to create to create connectors for most of the connector plugs.i got lucky as i got most of the parts online would say max $400 all said and done (approx).

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
yes this should be possible ,you will need to get one day access to honda and download audio unit connector and circuit for radio etc,most likely it did not change as i do have the 2017 connector diagram.check the connectors as well.oh for basic radio fcan and reverse connections will need to be connected with taps to the couple of connectors in the car
Many thanks, could you advise about honda website so I can download the needed

·
Registered
3 Posts
Didn't see the reply, will read and edit.

yes hands free works perfectly fine ,you will need to make a connector using Mx34 connector to the hfl module.if you want a clean install like i did with no wires cut tap etc best to create custom harnesses.for each connector.
Camera issue i am not sure as i need to try a 2016 camera .thinking its compatibility issue not a hybrid issue.lane watch camera works very well though.
Car play works very well .
sound is same as my car has an Amp with sub woofer already.i took time to create to create connectors for most of the connector plugs.i got lucky as i got most of the parts online would say max $400 all said and done (approx).
Can I be rude, and ask you to share parts numbers and the harness you made? Also I hope the camera fix (when u find out) won't be too complex.
I looked on Ebay for the Radio module its very expensive goes for 400-800$ from the 2016/2017 models. Also I read that the 2017 has a better FW update than the 2016 (for carplay and android auto)
I want to do this project only when I have all the information gathered and planned so I can buy and prepare everything upfront!
(I'm trying to gather the pieces from the thread but I have blanks here and there so that's why I ask if you or the other guy that did this migration, can organize it all in one place)

Thank you! Happy weekend!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Didn't see the reply, will read and edit.

Can I be rude, and ask you to share parts numbers and the harness you made? Also I hope the camera fix (when u find out) won't be too complex.
I looked on Ebay for the Radio module its very expensive goes for 400-800$ from the 2016/2017 models. Also I read that the 2017 has a better FW update than the 2016 (for carplay and android auto)
I want to do this project only when I have all the information gathered and planned so I can buy and prepare everything upfront!
(I'm trying to gather the pieces from the thread but I have blanks here and there so that's why I ask if you or the other guy that did this migration, can organize it all in one place)

Thank you! Happy weekend!!
sure nothing wrong in asking for part numbers,i would start with this first as speaker connector in my case was 24 pins which has a lock clip built in should the same in your case as well as you are getting a 2014
metra 71-1731 and getting a 70-1729 2 of them ,there is a youtube video about removing the pins from 7129,as 1731 only has 10 wires of 19 needed,extra pins with wires from 1729 will be used to create adapter from 2014 to 2016 speaker wires.(i sourced 1731 from onlinecarstereo.com) kind of pricy $28 good thing is you can use the wires from other part to create other MX connectors you will create.1729 is cheap i think $5 on ebay.
bought bunch of MX34 plugs male and female.can send the list later as those are needed to swap reverse light for 2016/17 connector C.
if you search on car-part,you can get one for about $120-150 for a 2016/2017 just be careful as model numbers are different ,they need to match the model shade used as well.As for FW update,if you get access to honda support site for $10/day we can download software upgrade as well and use a usb to update.was planning on doing it as web browser on the radio keeps crashing.
Btw this is android OS based radio,upgrade is provided by clarion/honda may be propriety as my old tuner worked for about 15 mins before the app stopped recognizing it and that not present any more in OS UI as i read it recognizes on start up all the devices connected and start them if device is not recognized tuner icon will not show .tried a hack from xda to root device and and was able to install waze that uses gps antenna with no issues. heard dash can show directions markers as well on some cars like mine as per autohack site.Folks have even installed spotify,youtube and netflix on this device.sound like a lot of fun ,i think even some of the high end cars do not have all these features :p

·
Registered
36 Posts
i did a diagnosis test and tuner comes up as NG as it looks like GA communication bus is looking for newer tuner which is HD as well(from diag screen options).and my 2015 hybrid rear view camera is not compatible with 2016 radio too.screen view is completely off like different wide angle view etc
wanted to provide an update here.
Figured out issue with Tuner,one of GA wires were not snug in my retrofit cable.i did swap tuner with one from a newer odyssey tuner which had HD radio,which is what i wanted as well since this radio supports hd radio, i could have kept original tuner as well.onto my final step of swapping rear camera and button up install with new trim and garnish.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Just in case anyone is still looking for Electrical Wiring Diagrams, you can use Drowned12's TechInfo rip:

If you're looking for the wiring diagram for a vehicle not in the rip's database, you might be able to still get it. I wrote a little thing on how to do that here:

Drowned12's rip has been nothing but a lifesaver for me!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am going to be starting this project myself soon enough and had a couple of question. First, where did you get the non-metra plugs? Second, where did you need to go for the wires that arent behind the radio such as the F-CAN's? Third, outside of the radio, the new screen, assorted plugs and new trim pieces, what else am i going to need?

61 - 80 of 98 Posts