Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

81 - 100 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
i sourced online and pretty easy to connect to F can as well ,to be honest you can get away with out tapping F can (IMHO) .you would need a tuner if you truly want to get HD radio and gps antenna.I do have the cables ready to as i removed radio and sold almost all the parts .still have the cables with me that i made for this project .Hopefully someone can make use of ;)

·
Registered
248 Posts
@shadethegrey What was the biggest hurdle with this project? I remember a while back, you mentioned issues with codes. Im looking to do this to my 14 6-6 and replace the factory speakers with richer sounding ones. Also, to install the Ktuner app

·
Registered
40 Posts
@shadethegrey What was the biggest hurdle with this project? I remember a while back, you mentioned issues with codes. Im looking to do this to my 14 6-6 and replace the factory speakers with richer sounding ones. Also, to install the Ktuner app
no hurdle at all , unlock codes list is long, you just need to keep it connected to a bench power supply and try every 60 minutes until you get the right one it only took me 8 tries before the right code was accepted by radio.

·
Registered
248 Posts
no hurdle at all , unlock codes list is long, you just need to keep it connected to a bench power supply and try every 60 minutes until you get the right one it only took me 8 tries before the right code was accepted by radio.
Are you selling your harness? I just bought a 2017 radio for cheap

·
Registered
40 Posts
yes i am selling my Harness,

·
Registered
765 Posts
I wouldn't mind building one. If you could help me do that we could post all the details as we go as there's probably others who'd like to do it too. I spent a lot of time looking into this project a few months ago, as you can see if you scroll back a few pages. Never was able to map every wire I needed, don't recall the details right now. I still have the upper i-Mid screen in a box as I received it from eBay!

My car is a 2014 EX-L Hybrid if that helps. What is yours @creamridge ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Does anyone know where I can find a GPS cable. I bought the antenna itself, but apparently I still need the cable to go along with it. Either that or what kind of connector it is so I can get it from Mouser.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Fakra connectors, there are already premade cables out there, just make sure you get the proper plug type.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Found a GPS antenna that should have the correct connector. I have three things left on my list. I need wire locations for the bluetooth mic at the hfl module, location of the f-can system if I ever want to hook them up, and the compass wires, if they exist.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Compass uses GPS antenna installed somewhere behind top screen. You should already have the GPS antenna if your trim is ex and above.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Found a GPS antenna that should have the correct connector. I have three things left on my list. I need wire locations for the bluetooth mic at the hfl module, location of the f-can system if I ever want to hook them up, and the compass wires, if they exist.
wire location of bluetooth is in the panel behind front passenger door side.Fcan is 2 wires that are on anc module right under the radio,you would need to tap into the 2 wires,i did not have any benefit of fcan IMHO.compass is a different topic as that module is missing in mine gps will give substitute compass i think.

98% sure they're the same. 2016 was the changeover. So you made a plug and play harness and had everything working?
yes i had full functionality with my retrofit,with exception that imid MPG did not match as radio came from a coupe not hybrid and rear camera was off .pretty sure this is programmed into radio.
Mpg display is not a deal breaker ,camera is a big deal as it was pointing to the sky,coupe camera orientation i guess.
i would say its a 100% retrofit if you get a 2016/2017 hybrid radio.the radio i sold was rooted as well to use waze, netfilx etc.if you are inclined and have time its worth doing this retrofit ;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
wire location of bluetooth is in the panel behind front passenger door side.Fcan is 2 wires that are on anc module right under the radio,you would need to tap into the 2 wires,i did not have any benefit of fcan IMHO.compass is a different topic as that module is missing in mine gps will give substitute compass i think.
You wouldn't happen to know the wire colors involved for the mic? I know you can get the wires at the HFL module under the radio, but I cant find out which is which.

·
Registered
765 Posts
My post #27 in this thread has pictures of the back of both radios and wiring diagrams.

Could you describe the harness you built in terms of the connectors as they're labeled there (which is Honda's labeling scheme) where each connector has a letter assigned to it, i.e. the A connector or harness, I think Metra sells one. JAE MX34 describes a series of connectors, can you give specific part numbers for any connectors you used?

·
Registered
25 Posts
My post #27 in this thread has pictures of the back of both radios and wiring diagrams.

Could you describe the harness you built in terms of the connectors as they're labeled there (which is Honda's labeling scheme) where each connector has a letter assigned to it, i.e. the A connector or harness, I think Metra sells one. JAE MX34 describes a series of connectors, can you give specific part numbers for any connectors you used?
According to the definition of the plug on the back of the radio, you can make a set of wiring harness by yourself. Each plug is different, and there is a label on it

You wouldn't happen to know the wire colors involved for the mic? I know you can get the wires at the HFL module under the radio, but I cant find out which is which.
J10 MIC- RED
J11 MIC+ GRN
J12 SH MIC GRY (Shield for terminals No. 10 and No. 11)

·
Registered
765 Posts
According to the definition of the plug on the back of the radio, you can make a set of wiring harness by yourself. Each plug is different, and there is a label on it
Could you be more specific about what you mean by the "definition of the plug on the back of the radio"? Finding ALL the plug and play compatible connectors seems to be the biggest hurdle in these custom installs.

81 - 100 of 125 Posts