Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

101 - 120 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Could you be more specific about what you mean by the "definition of the plug on the back of the radio"? Finding ALL the plug and play compatible connectors seems to be the biggest hurdle in these custom installs.
Which car model are you? Compare the definition of the radio plug corresponding to your model with the definition of the radio plug of the model you want to change, and then make an adapter

Could you be more specific about what you mean by the "definition of the plug on the back of the radio"? Finding ALL the plug and play compatible connectors seems to be the biggest hurdle in these custom installs.

This is the adapter plug

·
Registered
765 Posts
Which car model are you? Compare the definition of the radio plug corresponding to your model with the definition of the radio plug of the model you want to change, and then make an adapter
2014 EX-L Hybrid. Basically the same as the regular EX-L. Touchscreen radio with two knobs, no navigation.

If you look through my previous posts in this thread and others you'll see that I have studied all of these connectors and connections, I'm still wondering:

Where did you buy the connectors to make that harness?

·
Registered
25 Posts
2014 EX-L Hybrid. Basically the same as the regular EX-L. Touchscreen radio with two knobs, no navigation.

If you look through my previous posts in this thread and others you'll see that I have studied all of these connectors and connections, I'm still wondering:

Where did you buy the connectors to make that harness?
You look for the supplier according to the plug you need in this table. I don’t know how to find the corresponding supplier in North America. I found this one in China.

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
You look for the supplier according to the plug you need in this table. I don’t know how to find the corresponding supplier in North America. I found this one in China.
plugs can be bought from Digi key and shipping is reasonable as well.If you have some basic knowledge of Soldering cables can be created with shrink tube and wire with some electric tape.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I will be wrapping up this project including the new trim pieces around the cluster and such. The only things I am missing is the tuner in the back, and the bluetooth mic. I've asked before, but I am looking for the wire colors for the mic inside the car. Not the wires from the back of the 2017 radio, not a location, but the colors themselves. I know it's a combo of for wires, but I can't find info on which wires are which.

Second, does anyone doing anything different with the lower pocket. It's bulky and difficult to deal with given how small the storage area is. My plan is to use some ABS plastic and make a shelf, but that's a bit of work if someone else is mass producing something better.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi,
please find hfl pic this from the connector that is in the front passenger side hfl/bluetooth module to the right which is easier to tap .
as for tuner i do have it if you need i can list it and then you can have it.for the cubby someone in australia did it as they have a different one from our model,worth checking it out.
Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey everyone, I’m in the process of doing this swap currently. Ordered all the parts I think I’ll need and waiting for them to arrive. One thing I ordered was the Tuner Module from a Honda Odyssey, part number, 39800-TK8-A11. This arrived very quickly so I went ahead and installed it on my 2013 Accord Coupe EX-L 6-6. The car still has the stock radio/Headunit and everything.

I wasn’t sure why Honda had so many different part numbers for the HD Radio Tuners, but it’s only because of the mounting hardware. I found the cheapest one on eBay ($50), you can tell the HD Radio compatible ones because they have a copyright statement on the label.

Opened up the trunk liner and removed the original tuner, removed the mounting brackets, and attached to the eBay tuner. The tuner had all the holes tapped already which surprised me a bit, but makes sense, just manufacture 1 tuner and attach different sheet metal to it. Plugged into original cables in the car and tested it.

Here’s the cool part, it actually has HD Radio already. The car screen doesn’t show “HD” or anything, but you can tell it’s a digital signal on some stations and analog on others. I found 1 station that had HD 1, HD 2, and HD 3. You could switch between the different ones by just using the seek button. It showed the same base station of 107.9, but switched between different songs. So if anyone just wanted to upgrade their existing Accord radio with HD capability this is a really easy way to do it.

p.s. if anyone wants a stock accord tuner module let me know ;)

·
Registered
765 Posts
Here's my rough draft of what the harness would look like

Would need to source these connectors:

A - one female and one male (readily available from Metra on Amazon, or eBay)
B - one female and one male
C - one female and one male
G - one female
J - one male

·
Registered
999 Posts
I can make one, it will not be cheap. It would also be depending on what you're trying to achieve.
Have you looked into readily available aftermarket options?

Was the vehicle imported into your country and from where ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I can make one, it will not be cheap. It would also be depending on what you're trying to achieve.
Have you looked into readily available aftermarket options?
Yeah, but none were compatible with my wife's car options (It's 2013 V6 3.5L Coupe) it has the right mirror camera or lanewatch I guess - I have tons of experience in Ford infotainment hacks but none for Honda.

Could you please tell me how much it would be shipped to NY or FL?

Was the vehicle imported into your country and from where ?
It's GCC Specs (Gulf Cooperation Council) so it's UAE specs with KMH etc
and I guess I will be buying a US headunit

·
Registered
40 Posts
It's GCC Specs (Gulf Cooperation Council) so it's UAE specs with KMH etc
and I guess I will be buying a US headunit
yes it is possible to build a harness just need schematics of your car as there may be some differences ,chances are it will be easier got a paid subscription for a day and downloaded schematics from techinfo.honda and had to skip pins like compass as my model did not have one.that is one example i can think of other one could be amp.
like Cepega said if we know what features your car has then its possible to create a plug and play and i was able to make it it work,
still you would need about 3wire taps,2 for fcan and one for connecting to power and do not forget upper display needs replacing which is simple drop in replacement.you will need to cut plastic under the trim to make the unit sit plush and order,2 trim pieces that will make the car oem like new car.
I can send my mapping diagram i made, that details the modifications for creating harness.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey guys I have a 2014 exl
I just put in an after market deck in and can't get my rear camera working
I saw someone explaining how but if someone could please help me out

·
Registered
3 Posts
yes it is possible to build a harness just need schematics of your car as there may be some differences ,chances are it will be easier got a paid subscription for a day and downloaded schematics from techinfo.honda and had to skip pins like compass as my model did not have one.that is one example i can think of other one could be amp.
like Cepega said if we know what features your car has then its possible to create a plug and play and i was able to make it it work,
still you would need about 3wire taps,2 for fcan and one for connecting to power and do not forget upper display needs replacing which is simple drop in replacement.you will need to cut plastic under the trim to make the unit sit plush and order,2 trim pieces that will make the car oem like new car.
I can send my mapping diagram i made, that details the modifications for creating harness.

Hey there,
I know it's been a while, but could you share your mapping diagram that you made, I was bored and wanted a project and was thinking about trying this project. I would really appreciate it. My car is 2015 Honda Accord EX-L Coupe non Nav, and was going to replace the unit with the same model, just 2016 radio with android auto/ car play?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Everyone!
So I'm attempting this swap, I have a 2014 EX-L V6 Nav. I bought a 2016 nav radio and with the matching iMid. The radio works great but I can't get my iMid to work. Does anyone have a schematic of their custom harness that I can use as a reference?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi Everyone!
So I'm attempting this swap, I have a 2014 EX-L V6 Nav. I bought a 2016 nav radio and with the matching iMid. The radio works great but I can't get my iMid to work. Does anyone have a schematic of their custom harness that I can use as a reference?
IMid harness is plug and play ,are you sure you have the right top screen as video signal uses LVDS for 2016 units older units use GVIF.

101 - 120 of 125 Posts