Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In 2014 bought a new touring and noticed from day one an annoying sound in reverse gear. Happens when I engage the car in reverse and an “old truck creak" sound comes from the front end. Engaging drive mode and releasing the brake relieves the tension sound. The car has 14k and it hasn’t gotten any better or worst.

Sounds like pressure in reverse pushes against the front suspension and causes the old truck sound. I also have a 2nd car: 2007 Accord V6 with almost 100k and no sounds period.

I took it to the dealership and as usual, "the car checks out and is operating as designed".

Has anyone ever had similar experience and know of a remedy?

·
Registered
512 Posts
Totally normal. I had an Infiniti do this as well and it lasted me well over 200K miles. But Hondas seem to have more mechanical noises. Back in the day the civics and accords would make this funky sounding wheezing noise when driving in reverse. It was unmistakable and sounded like an RC car.

The 8th and 9th generation autos make mechanical sounding noises. I witnessed brand new accords being loaded off the truck at a dealership and when the lot guys were pulling them off the truck the V6's all made these noises when shifting into gears.

·
Registered
2013 Honda Accord EX-L V6 with Nav
870 Posts
I dont have any sounds like that in my car, must be a 2014 thing

1 - 6 of 6 Posts