Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys i have a 2014 V6 6 speed coupe with 15k miles and Ive added a thicker rear sway bar. My friend has a 2015 V6 auto coupe with 12,000. The 2015 has always had tighter steering and feels more confident in turns. I think my sway bar did make a difference but the 2015 still feels tighter. Did Honda improve anything in 2015, should I ask the dealer to look at my 2014?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I added the progress sway bar to my 2014. Sway bar on 2015 is stock. And the 2015 steering is still much tighter. My 2014 had a problem with loose strut bolts but the dealer fixed that. The difference between the two cars is night and day in the steering

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You mean the front springs? Would that would effect the steering?? I believe the auto is heavier too correct? I'm thinking about having the dealer look at it at the next oil change

·
Long live the manual
728 Posts
You mean the front springs? Would that would effect the steering?? I believe the auto is heavier too correct? I'm thinking about having the dealer look at it at the next oil change
V6 Sedan is about 210 pounds heavier. The V6 auto Coupe about 160 pounds heavier. I think the rack has a different turns ratio from sedan to Coupe. But 2014 to 2015 ? Don't know. Some of the reviewers didn't like the steering feel saying it gave no feedback about what the front tires are doing .... see Stranger In A Foreign Land where they compared a Mercedes CLA / Audi A3 / to the V6 manual 6 speed Coupe. I've got to say the steering feels very light but I like the feeling. The Coupe has about 100 HP over those 2 German sedans & I think the reviewers both had a preference for German cars. The Mercedes CLA was over $5,000 the price of the Coupe. Even the A3 is more expensive.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
V6 Sedan is about 210 pounds heavier. The V6 auto Coupe about 160 pounds heavier. I think the rack has a different turns ratio from sedan to Coupe. But 2014 to 2015 ? Don't know. Some of the reviewers didn't like the steering feel saying it gave no feedback about what the front tires are doing .... see Stranger In A Foreign Land where they compared a Mercedes CLA / Audi A3 / to the V6 manual 6 speed Coupe. I've got to say the steering feels very light but I like the feeling. The Coupe has about 100 HP over those 2 German sedans & I think the reviewers both had a preference for German cars. The Mercedes CLA was over $5,000 the price of the Coupe. Even the A3 is more expensive.
Thanks Ive actually watched that video, I like how the Accord matches up. I know that the steering is now electrical and companies such as BMW have been criticized. The refresh for the BMW 2016 is said to address the steering. I wonder if thats what Honda did. Its just weird, the cars are basically the exact same. The 2015 just seems like you have more control and feeling. The stock tires are horrible especially with a stick shift, I am going to get some pilot super sports, but just want to make sure the stock steering in the 2014 is right.

·
'15 6-6
565 Posts
Thanks Ive actually watched that video, I like how the Accord matches up. I know that the steering is now electrical and companies such as BMW have been criticized. The refresh for the BMW 2016 is said to address the steering. I wonder if thats what Honda did. Its just weird, the cars are basically the exact same. The 2015 just seems like you have more control and feeling. The stock tires are horrible especially with a stick shift, I am going to get some pilot super sports, but just want to make sure the stock steering in the 2014 is right.
Try test driving a different 6-6? The steering rack/gearbox part numbers are the same. It's ever so slightly possible honda changed the power steering control module to give less assist on the 2015s but highly unlikely they did that without advertising it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Try test driving a different 6-6? The steering rack/gearbox part numbers are the same. It's ever so slightly possible honda changed the power steering control module to give less assist on the 2015s but highly unlikely they did that without advertising it.
That's a good idea, now I just have to try and find a 6-6. They are extremely limited in central cali.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts