Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm hoping for some reassurement here that this car won't take a dump on me early and be my biggest regret after the warranty ends.

So far:
Bad Relay, entire engine stopped at 868 miles, car had to be towed and in shop for 2 days.

Alignment Issue, car pulls to left.

Fuel Tank Pressure System malfunction.

Alignment Issue, radial pull.

Bluetooth System hanging after calls, Passenger door creaking due to loose door guard.

Interior Lights fuse blew on its own, Bluetooth system no longer hanging on calls but not connecting media Audio.

Water leak in passenger-side headlight, alignment, car pulls to the right.

Is anyone else having so many issues with their brand new accord sport? It's been to the dealer more than my three older Toyotas have!

·
Registered
103 Posts
I believe the car is supposed to pull a little to the left or right for safety issue? Not too sure. I myself had to go to the dealership a few times to fix a scratched interior trim and creaking back seat. I hated having to go back for a brand new car. So far no other issues though. I hope you get all your issues fixed so you can just enjoy your right from now on :D

·
Registered
661 Posts
I believe the car is supposed to pull a little to the left or right for safety issue? Not too sure. I myself had to go to the dealership a few times to fix a scratched interior trim and creaking back seat. I hated having to go back for a brand new car. So far no other issues though. I hope you get all your issues fixed so you can just enjoy your right from now on :D
Cars are not supposed to pull either way. It's why you get your wheels aligned.

·
Registered
512 Posts
No manufacturer will produce 100% defective free products. It sounds like you have a unit with a number of defects. Hopefully, these are the only issues you encounter and they get resolved quickly so you can enjoy your vehicle.

·
No PRND
749 Posts
Forgive me if I'm suspect of a new user posting a laundry list of of problems that nobody else has had (to my knowledge).

If you are in fact not a troll and are actually experiencing these issues, the only explanation I can offer you is that it has nothing to do with being a Honda and everything to do that the car was built in the good ol' USA. You must have got a car that rolled off the line on a Friday afternoon before a holiday weekend when nobody wanted to be there.

Reactions: Miker

·
Registered
5,404 Posts
I can feel your pain. When they aligned the car did they give you the report printout from the alignment machine? It will indicate the amount of error in red and zero error in black ink. It will show you the alignment error before and after. Did the dealer replace the audio unit with a new one? Usually they don't repair electronics but just swap out the boxes. Unfortunately, Honda like all other car manufacturers buy most of the parts from suppliers who gave them the lowest bid. Things like fuses, relays and the audio system are all made by outside suppliers. No manufacturer can have a zero defect production record therefore the new car warranty.

Has the dealer resolved the issues for you? If they can't resolve them to your satisfaction, then call Honda customer service. The toll free number is listed in the waranty booklet. My experience has been that Honda is very customer service oriented.

Good luck.

·
Registered
477 Posts
What type of roads are you driving on? The roads in your area on may have a steeper than normal "crown" causing your pulling issue if the alignment is within spec. The rest just seem like issues with parts that were bad from the factory. The only 2 issues I went back for were warped front rotors and a cracked windshield wiper. All else is well.

·
Registered
267 Posts
No problems with my 2015 Sport at all. I took her on a 700 mile round trip last weekend and she gave me back 40 mpg with my AC running most of the time. I think she was built on a Wednesday.

Anyway, is look into getting that thing changed out under lemon law guidelines. No way should a brand new car be giving you so many issues.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Forgive me if I'm suspect of a new user posting a laundry list of of problems that nobody else has had (to my knowledge).

If you are in fact not a troll and are actually experiencing these issues, the only explanation I can offer you is that it has nothing to do with being a Honda and everything to do that the car was built in the good ol' USA. You must have got a car that rolled off the line on a Friday afternoon before a holiday weekend when nobody wanted to be there.
No, not trolling. This is my first new car to call my own and the Accord is so damn nice. I just wished it worked like it should.

I think youre right lol. The dealer did swap the car last minute with one that had 20 less miles, but I didn't suspect anything and I test drove both. I'm hoping they didn't bait and switch me.

I can feel your pain. When they aligned the car did they give you the report printout from the alignment machine? It will indicate the amount of error in red and zero error in black ink. It will show you the alignment error before and after. Did the dealer replace the audio unit with a new one? Usually they don't repair electronics but just swap out the boxes. Unfortunately, Honda like all other car manufacturers buy most of the parts from suppliers who gave them the lowest bid. Things like fuses, relays and the audio system are all made by outside suppliers. No manufacturer can have a zero defect production record therefore the new car warranty.

Has the dealer resolved the issues for you? If they can't resolve them to your satisfaction, then call Honda customer service. The toll free number is listed in the waranty booklet. My experience has been that Honda is very customer service oriented.

Good luck.
For the HandsFreeLink, they told me to contact them through their website because troubleshooting didn't work. They never responded.

The alignment they said was because of the street and they didn't document all of thm. I've been there 4 times for alignment alone and I know there is something wrong with it but they say there isn't.

I'm going to have them ride in the car with me today and demand its fixed or I'll file a lemon complaint.

No problems with my 2015 Sport at all. I took her on a 700 mile round trip last weekend and she gave me back 40 mpg with my AC running most of the time. I think she was built on a Wednesday.

Anyway, is look into getting that thing changed out under lemon law guidelines. No way should a brand new car be giving you so many issues.
The MPG is ridiculously awesome. I took her to Miami from Jacksonville twice and got ~38mpg both ways blasting the AC.

Glad she isn't giving you trouble.

What type of roads are you driving on? The roads in your area on may have a steeper than normal "crown" causing your pulling issue if the alignment is within spec. The rest just seem like issues with parts that were bad from the factory. The only 2 issues I went back for were warped front rotors and a cracked windshield wiper. All else is well.
It does it everywhere. Highway, residential, parking lot, driveway. It's super noticable when going 75mph on the highway

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
If the pull issue is related to tire conicity, no amount of alignments will fix that. The proper repair is to replace the tires. Checking for this is simple too. Swap the tires side to side. Does the pull move to the other side?

Always demand before/after alignment numbers. You're entitled to this. You drive the car and demonstrate your concern to the service manager so it can be appropriately documented. Pulling issues are a safety concern. Make sure you reiterate this point.

·
Registered
219 Posts
i have a 2013 Sport. Only thing that has gone out was the VSC module and it was replaced under warranty with a different part number. Could be due to me having HID lights on the car. But other than that nothing so far. I have 50k on my car (drive a lot from AZ to CA) and couldn't be happier. I am still a big fan of keeping your ass covered so I did purchase the 8yr/120k warranty. Hoping that nothing comes up but so far I'm really enjoying this car. Just wished I got a 6speed and that this had a little more power!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If the pull issue is related to tire conicity, no amount of alignments will fix that. The proper repair is to replace the tires. Checking for this is simple too. Swap the tires side to side. Does the pull move to the other side?

Always demand before/after alignment numbers. You're entitled to this. You drive the car and demonstrate your concern to the service manager so it can be appropriately documented. Pulling issues are a safety concern. Make sure you reiterate this point.
They addressed it but said that I drive the car aggressively and that's what made it go out of alignment. He saw some tiny scratches on the rims and was trying to convince me that I hit a curb, but I accidentally dropped the tire on the rim when doing my first tire rotation.

Anyway, the headlight will be ready to be installed soon. They also said that I probably ran into something without noticing but they'll cover it since I have had so many problems. How the hell does that even work?

Shady as hell dealership that doesn't know who the hell to throw the blame on. The car pulls to the left the tiniest bit now and he said that since it's a FWD they will always have the slighest pull because of the crown in the road. It is so much better than it was though.

·
Registered
697 Posts
They addressed it but said that I drive the car aggressively and that's what made it go out of alignment. He saw some tiny scratches on the rims and was trying to convince me that I hit a curb, but I accidentally dropped the tire on the rim when doing my first tire rotation.

Anyway, the headlight will be ready to be installed soon. They also said that I probably ran into something without noticing but they'll cover it since I have had so many problems. How the hell does that even work?

Shady as hell dealership that doesn't know who the hell to throw the blame on. The car pulls to the left the tiniest bit now and he said that since it's a FWD they will always have the slighest pull because of the crown in the road. It is so much better than it was though.
Find another dealer, immediately. If indeed that was said to you, that is lunacy. Simply driving, aggressive or Miss Daisy doesn't change the alignment.
Driving over curbs, hitting pot holes etc, that will for sure.
You and your current dealer may have worn out each others welcome, it happens, trust me I know. They are tired of seeing you and you're tired of coming there. Is it supposed to work that way? Absolutely not, but hey we're humans.
Good luck.

·
The Shadow displaced Bug Magnet
2020 Honda Accord Touring 2.0T in Modern Steel Metallic
486 Posts
I gotta wonder how aggressive is too aggressive.

I drive aggressively... and in nearly 14 months of ownership my '14 EXL has had the wiper blades replaced.

·
ultracrepidarianism
266 Posts
I'm hoping for some reassurement here that this car won't take a dump on me early and be my biggest regret after the warranty ends.

So far:
Bad Relay, entire engine stopped at 868 miles, car had to be towed and in shop for 2 days.

Alignment Issue, car pulls to left.

Fuel Tank Pressure System malfunction.

Alignment Issue, radial pull.

Bluetooth System hanging after calls, Passenger door creaking due to loose door guard.

Interior Lights fuse blew on its own, Bluetooth system no longer hanging on calls but not connecting media Audio.

Water leak in passenger-side headlight, alignment, car pulls to the right.

Is anyone else having so many issues with their brand new accord sport? It's been to the dealer more than my three older Toyotas have!
I wouldn't hope post for "reassurement." I'd trade for another Toyota.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts