Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new accord makes a rattling noise in the whole rear area when playing a high bass song, normally I keep the sub-woofer at Level 5 and all the others in C-Center. I took it to Honda and we test 2 new accords like mine and they had the same issue!!!! Play same song and same configuration but same issue.

It is very annoying as you can really feel the vibration in the rear area.

what to do?

·
Registered
792 Posts
1. Deaden the whole deck (top and bottom) using knukonceptz's Kno Knoise Kolossus edition. If the deck is rattling like crazy, you want to do 100% coverage to make sure you get rid of the vibrations.
The reason I suggested this type of sound deadening material is because it's actually thicker than most (100 mil vs. 80 mil that other competitors sell)

2. Apply CCF to the rear deck cover and to the rear deck itself.

This may not be necessary but it would definintely help IMO.

3. Acquire a long piece of MDF with a 1" thickness and cut to size including holes for the speakers and sub. Once you cut it, Apply sound deadening to it and then add some CCF between the board and the deck. Screw the board on to the deck to add mass to it and that should help quiet down the rattles.

·
Thunder Up!
3,020 Posts
Turn on a bass heavy song that you know makes the noise. Open the trunk. Look at the rear deck from the underside and you'll see holes (near the back; where you're standing) that show the rear deck. You can put your hand, screwdriver, etc in there and push the deck up. THAT is what is rattling. Cut up a hand towel and stuff them in there across the width of the deck. It'll stop it all. I have mine all the way up and can't hear a single rattle

·
Registered
377 Posts
Well,

what to do?
Turn down the bass to a normal level. Your preference may be for heavy bass, but I'll bet the human voice and music on your car audio system don't sound like it does in real life.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts