Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after much research and thought I have just ordered everything for my build on my new Honda Accord Sport. I purchased the Sport wanting the add-ons it got with the intention of doing the stereo on a $700 budget. FYI the stock stereo on an Accord Sport sucks.

I purchased the following

SoundStream ICQ.4 OEM integration Processor - $49
Precision Power P900.5 Phantom Series Class D 5 Channel Amplifier - $199
Front Speakers - Alpine SPS-610C 6.5 Component Speakers with Tweeters - $84
Rear Speakers - Alpine SPS-610 Coaxials - $66
Subwoofer - Rockford Fosgate P3D4-10 - $116
1.25 cf Ported Enclosure -$44
Misc wires spacers adapters - $120
FatMax $55

Overall cost $733
I'll start the installation on Wedensday. Went over budget when I decided to purchase the FatMax stuff, but $733 for a decent stereo is still dang good.

The Amplifier is a 5 channel 70w x 4 with Sub running at 270w. All at 4 ohms.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Looks like a decent set up, the only issue I see is the relatively small ported box. 1.25 Cu ft. is more like a sealed box size for that sub. You will never hit the low notes. I would suggest a larger ported box.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Without a DSP, he'll never hit the low notes anyways, due to the factory head unit's bass rolloff.

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
I am looking to do something pretty close to this on my 2015 Sport. Where are you putting the processor and amp? Will they go under the passenger seat?

·
6 Speed Newbie
211 Posts
I am looking to do something pretty close to this on my 2015 Sport. Where are you putting the processor and amp? Will they go under the passenger seat?
Mounting under the rear deck is a good option.

·
6 Speed Newbie
211 Posts
Do i need to buy any brackets to make the speakers fit? I will like to buy the same exact ones.
Most people are using these:

But I believe they require some minor modifications.

Depending on the size and depth of the magnet of the speaker, it may require modifying the odd-shaped speaker hole in the front doors.

·
Registered
598 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
I've confirmed with Scosche that those adapters don't fit the 9th Gen Accord correctly.

Get these instead:

BestKits

I used these same looking ones, with no issues FYI.

Without a DSP, he'll never hit the low notes anyways, due to the factory head unit's bass rolloff.
Please explain, just installed my system was wondering why it was off. and what I need to fix it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts