Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
2015 Accord Touring I4
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So on my 2015 Accord I don't have the option for Siri (unless I do it myself)... we don't get txt msg reading? Even though the option is there... it doesn't work for 2015s?

I have a 2015 Touring Navi and a Iphone 5 with iOS 7... what can I actually do with this combo other than answer phone calls? How does this cheesy hondalink actually work.. it reads stuff off my facebook?

Someone help me out?

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
So on my 2015 Accord I don't have the option for Siri (unless I do it myself)... we don't get txt msg reading? Even though the option is there... it doesn't work for 2015s?

I have a 2015 Touring Navi and a Iphone 5 with iOS 7... what can I actually do with this combo other than answer phone calls? How does this cheesy hondalink actually work.. it reads stuff off my facebook?

Someone help me out?
What we're lacking is a car company that wants to embrace new technology from outside their walls. Not fight it. I rented a Chevy Malibu to drive up to the dealer to pick up my Accord. Once paired, it was completely integrated into the car. I pushed the talk button on the steering wheel, and Siri came to life. Brilliant and easy!

As for HondaLink, this is a textbook example of a car company trying (and failing) to act like a high tech Silicon Valley company. They couldn't have made it more cumbersome. It takes two cables to connect your phone. There are at least 4 different apps that you need to download. (HondaLink Aha, HondaLink Connect, HondaLink App Launcher, and HondaLink Navigation). Why didn't they make a single app? Dumb, dumb, dumb. Oh and these apps have customer ratings ranging from 1.5 - 2.5 stars. Read some of the comments ("Horrible", "Frustrating").

I don't think Honda "gets it" in the area of infotainment. They have a gorgeous touch screen in the Civic and Fit that looks all set for CarPlay - but not a hint that Honda is moving in that direction and in fact all signs point to them walking away from CarPlay and Android Auto.

Wish I had better news but for now, even with the top Accord trim level, the car cripples your phone.

·
2015 Accord Touring I4
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I figured out how to get the system to read a text/email to me.. but have not been successful using the auto reply messages... I will keep trying.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
I figured out how to get the system to read a text/email to me.. but have not been successful using the auto reply messages... I will keep trying.
Good luck, but I don't hold out a lot of hope for you. I just updated my navigation which was supposed to update other infotainment firmware/software. I still can't reply to texts with even the canned responses. I do have the Siri hands free, and it can work quite well. A couple weeks ago I had Siri take dictation for a "note to self". She did it well. Also, the nav update wound up deleting my speed dials which, I think, I had finally got to "stick". If I understand correctly, if you have an android phone the text reply and many other things work better with the car.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I been having issues with my infotainment on my 2015 accord hybrid. Which led me to contact America honda. They couldn't fix my issue. Which you could see here:
http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/138-audio-electronics-lighting/325449-infotainment-issues.html
I have ask the supervisor that was handing my case and they state that have no idea if Siri eyes free will be avaliable for the model 2015. They know that is an update coming to the 2015 in September. Which could add. But as of right now there answer to me at least was my iPhone 6 plus is not compatible with my car. To keep an eye at the website when it does become compatible.

So in other words Good Luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts