Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my door panel rattles pretty bad. I won't even have the volume above 15 and you can hear the rattle in it. I think it's just the hard plastic part of it hitting the metal of the door. Should i just fix it myself or talk to the dealership to deal with it?

·
Thunder Up!
3,020 Posts
Just take it to the dealer. If you're here asking then whatever I'd tell you (how to fix it) would likely go over your head. Not insulting you, just saying that it's under warranty and that's likely the easiest route for your fix. Hardest part is getting them to actually hear it and do the work!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just take it to the dealer. If you're here asking then whatever I'd tell you (how to fix it) would likely go over your head. Not insulting you, just saying that it's under warranty and that's likely the easiest route for your fix. Hardest part is getting them to actually hear it and do the work!
I was planning on throwing some dynamat or some other type of butyl sound deadener so I'll do that and see how it sounds after. You won't go over my head with anything I'm an engineering major at texas tech university so I'm kinda used to working with my hands and planning stuff out so yeah. :)

·
Thunder Up!
3,020 Posts
What you're describing is a rattle, likely from something contacting something else. Butyl deadener will help, but something like CCF would help just as much if not more. It's hard to say until the piece or location is tied down. If it's a resonance issue from volume, then yeah..deadener will be a good start. If you're looking for something cheap then try Raamat. It's decent enough to get the job done, while still using quality materials at a good price.

I've got a few sheets of CLD tiles (from SoundDeadenerShowdown) and CCF (also from SDS). I could ship them to you if you're wanting to try some stuff. It's not cheap stuff, but it's the best there is in my opinion.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What you're describing is a rattle, likely from something contacting something else. Butyl deadener will help, but something like CCF would help just as much if not more. It's hard to say until the piece or location is tied down. If it's a resonance issue from volume, then yeah..deadener will be a good start. If you're looking for something cheap then try Raamat. It's decent enough to get the job done, while still using quality materials at a good price.

I've got a few sheets of CLD tiles (from SoundDeadenerShowdown) and CCF (also from SDS). I could ship them to you if you're wanting to try some stuff. It's not cheap stuff, but it's the best there is in my opinion.
I'm going to outline the door in double sided tape for now until i get deadener in. Thanks for the recommendations though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts