Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

Looking for all the help i can get i have a maybe weird situation with my recently honda accord 2015 v6 with now 40k miles practically like new , a week ago he started to like vibrate at low speed let say between 20-40 / 60 MPH i have noticed as a sign like in every shifting gear , only sign of it cause not even in the steering wheel or anywhere else , no check engine , no codes ,no nothing , dealership can't pinpoint the vibration , i was the only who noticed that's been acting with the rpm and the shifting gears , car does not lack in performance , hard aceleration, or anything, only vibration like a judder and it cease when it shifts then starts again, if i acelerate hard can't or barely feel it recently checked engine and tranny mounts and steering and suspension just in case nothing to be found all in good condition , did drain the tranny two times with today and did a reprogramming, they told me to drive it a few days to see, and maybe try a 3rd drain and refill , he still doing the same symptons tho ,ill appreciate any comment or help.

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
Maybe it's VCM operation. If it gets cold where you live, try to put the Accord through the same conditions on a cold engine and see if it still happens. If it doesn't, good chance it is VCM.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Do you notice the RPM rising on the tach more between certain gears? My 78k mile 2017 V6 Touring trans is doing something similar. There's a TSB for my year dealing with torque converter judder. This may be applicable to your car, too. My dealer performed the TSB at no charge but it did not resolve the issue. I have a vibration when shifting from 2nd to 3rd gear. At very low speeds, it's barely noticeable and under hard acceleration, the vibration is more pronounced and the tach rises a few hundred RPM. I've also noticed a bit of a jolt when downshifting quickly where it almost feel like the trans shifts from 3rd to first. This seems more pronounced with a few passengers for some reason. Also, the first few shifts on first drive of the day do not have the vibration. Are you seeing anything similar?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@14v6 hi it does it in any temperature , but specific i live in florida , miami so u know not too cold here @TN9thSi hi bro well the symptons of your are very similar except for the jolt 3rd to 1st but sometimes rpm jumps a little higher maybe hundred yea but have to be very pending and not always , sometimes is like hesitates on going up rpm to my aceleration , but still runs strong , always around the same speed range i can still feel it engaging and judder on highway speed . Went two too places car is fine overall , did today a follow on dealership on transmission judder with 2nd tranny drain and additive/ tranny update programming , but no results yet they told me to drive it for 2 or 3 days ,u know how dealerships are , planning to look for a 2nd or third opinion on a individual transmission place , those are the only signs i see no codes or anything else.

·
vtec yo
2015 Accord Ex-l
75 Posts
Sorry for the very late response but just in case this is still an issue this could be the reason for your vibrations etc. I had noticed a similar issue and went this route as well..instance fix for me..
I took this from VCM tuners website.

"
Owners of Vehicles with 3.5L V6 Engines have had too many trips to the dealership for engine vibration issues related to VCM operation. In 2014, a lawsuit was won against Honda for the VCM mode causing excessive oil consumption known as the "honda misfire settlement". Honda gave users of 2008-2015 vehicles an extended powertrain warranty to cover the repeated spark plug failures as well as excessive piston ring wear and failures to engine mounts. At this time, the only option was to disconnect a secondary oil pressure switch on the engine to disable VCM operation. Users reported their oil consumption was back to normal after doing so on Odyclub.com forums. "

https://www.vcmtuner.com/pages/vcmtuner-how-it-works

hope that helps? If not, it's still something to consider.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts