Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'm between the Pirelli Cinturato P7s, Continental PureContact LSs, and Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+s.

From what I've seen on Consumer Reports, it seems like Pirellis are good for being quiet, Continentals are good all-around, and Michelins are the best performing (but 245/40/R19 instead of 235/40/R19).

Anyone have any advice? I'd like to stick to stock 235/40/R19 if possible, but I have had good experiences with Michelin, so I'm kind of torn. Also, is Continental generally bad, or just their cheaper tires (e.g. the stock ones)?

If the Pirellis or Continentals handle pretty much as well as the Michelins, that'd be great. I drive a tiny bit spirited, but only on rare occasion – definitely nothing too crazy, either.

I'm looking for something that has solid handling (all-season, living in PA), then my second priority is road noise. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I've had two different sets of those stock Continental tires on my Sport and I haven't noticed any unusual noises. Didn't know this was a common issue when I bought the second set. When is it most noticeable? I guess I'll be listening closely now.

Also, has anyone else NOT had any issues with those tires?

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
I've had two different sets of those stock Continental tires on my Sport and I haven't noticed any unusual noises. Didn't know this was a common issue when I bought the second set. When is it most noticeable? I guess I'll be listening closely now.

Also, has anyone else NOT had any issues with those tires?
The scrubbing/scraping noise is really only audible at speeds under 30mph. You typically can't hear it (much) with the windows up, but with them down and driving through a residential neighborhood, definitely can hear it and also outside the car. If you creep slowly in a driveway or drivethru they make a squeak-type noise. I've even been able to hear a squeaking at 70-75mph with windows down when against the barrier wall. Just awful tires, IMO. Mine were down to 4/32s and were hydroplaning horribly in a moderate rain.

Reactions: Exploits

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for the replys. Mine is really loud and my tire notification is coming on. Glad to see new tires helps. Sucks, I only have 36,000 miles on my car. Has been making the grinding or rubbing sounds for at least the last 15,000 miles.

·
Registered
8 Posts
About a decade late but I just replaced the 2017 19inch Contis with Michelin Cross Climate 2. The car always had a 'swishing' low speed noise. When I got to about 30k the sound was grinding at low speeds. The only answer I got after about 6 complaints was dust covers ..... As soon as I pulled the car out I realized the sounds were gone. Just chiming in too .... replaced at 37k miles.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts