Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2016 Accord EX and the auto down window feature just stopped working. Obviously the car is under warranty since it's only about 3 months old, but I'm wondering if this is a common problem? I wouldn't think a 3 month old car should already be having window problems. My previous car was a 2001 Ford Focus, which also had an auto down feature and that never had a problem.

In addition, the windows in the 2016 Accord can be opened and closed after the car is turned off up until the driver door is opened. That's not working for the driver side window either. Is that related to the auto-down feature?

·
Blinded by the light
1,551 Posts
Does the auto up feature work?

It might be an issue with the software. The auto down is actually programmed in the car and can be reset (so it knows when to stop the window motor at the top or bottom of the travel). If so it should be a quick fix for the dealership if they just need to reset the window control unit and reprogram the auto up/down.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Reactions: jeb

·
Black 2015 EX-L V6 Sedan
1,014 Posts
i stumbled on your thread last night, after i installed my door tweeters found out i lost my auto up and down. i did the sequence at a stop light worked like a charm. rolled down, rolled up and held.
Right on man! The module reset did nothing in my case, it's a good thing to know though.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I didn't even realize there was an auto up feature (just checked the manual and apparently there is). I don't think that ever worked.

Considering the front driver window isn't working after the car is turned off and the manual says all windows can be operated for 10 minutes after the car is turned off or until either front door is opened, I think the window just isn't working.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Speaking of windows, I've read that the windows can be opened from the FOB by pressing unlock twice and holding down the second time. That doesn't work for me. Was that feature removed in the 2016 Accord or is that another thing that's broken.

Edit: 2016 Accord manual lists this feature on some models. Unless it's only the EX-L model, I'm assuming the EX should have it since it has a moonroof.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Does the auto up feature work?

It might be an issue with the software. The auto down is actually programmed in the car and can be reset (so it knows when to stop the window motor at the top or bottom of the travel). If so it should be a quick fix for the dealership if they just need to reset the window control unit and reprogram the auto up/down.
Do you really believe the BS you just typed????

you do know that there is a switch that has the feature built-in, right?

·
Blinded by the light
1,551 Posts
Do you really believe the BS you just typed????

you do know that there is a switch that has the feature built-in, right?
The switch just alerts the computer to follow the procedure, the switch isn't smart. That's why there is a power window control unit in the car. The power windows control unit is smart and has a reset procedure that can be executed with or without the HDS.

Morac, if you want to try the manual reset procedure follow these steps. It might help

Service Information

·
Black 2015 EX-L V6 Sedan
1,014 Posts
The switch just alerts the computer to follow the procedure, the switch isn't smart. That's why there is a power window control unit in the car. The power windows control unit is smart and has a reset procedure that can be executed with or without the HDS.

Morac, if you want to try the manual reset procedure follow these steps. It might help

Service Information
Ding ding... This is correct. I guess buddy has never heard of the canbus stuffs. The switch is just a switch....

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Service Information

I actually tried that, but it didn't help. Since it just stopped working without me doing anything, I think the control unit might be bad.

In addition to auto not working, I can't open the driver window after turning off the car anymore (other 3 Windows work) and the ability to open and close the windows using the key and open using the fob doesn't work (which I've read should work on the EX w/ sensing model).

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I brought it into the dealer and they basically were stumped as nothing they did could get the window to work correctly. They even cannibalized a window control unit from a new car on the lot and that didn't fix the problem either. The service guy told me he's never seen a problem like this before.

Honda engineering recommended replacing the "phase motor" based on the diagnostic data so they are basically replacing the entire driver side window system. Hopefully that fixes the problem since it sounds like they wouldn't know what else to do if it does not.

Very odd for a 3 month old car.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts