Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Blinking Transmission D light came on so I went to the dealer and had the transmission serviced (86000 mi). After servicing the transmission the service manager informed me for another $114 he would stop the light blinking. I refused to give him another $. He told me there was no problem with driving the car with the light blinking. I tried reading the code but did no good. Can anyone tell me how to put the light out or of some other place to have it done?

·
Rollin in FL
1,230 Posts
Just ignore the light if it runs and drives without issues. To turn off the light, you would need one of them professional computers that cost arms and legs. See if your local indie mech can turn that light off for a lower price.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

·
8th Gen Believer
4,411 Posts
That is typical chicken___t dealer nonsense

·
Premium Member
3,034 Posts
The Blinking Transmission D light came on so I went to the dealer and had the transmission serviced (86000 mi). After servicing the transmission the service manager informed me for another $114 he would stop the light blinking. I refused to give him another $. He told me there was no problem with driving the car with the light blinking. I tried reading the code but did no good. Can anyone tell me how to put the light out or of some other place to have it done?
So, they figure out the issue, perform the correct service which prompted the warning in the first place... then they want to charge you to remove Honda's warning from the vehicle?

Yeah, I'd be talking to the manager of the dealership on that one.
I would not take no for an answer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts