Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been looking around and I've come across this Android head unit.

Has anyone had experience with this unit?
Will it fit my Accord?
Also, I can't seem to find many aftermarket replacements for it. Crutchfield even suggested it not be changed at all :/
Any recommendations or assistance would be greatly appreciated, thanks, guys!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I don't know about that unit but you were misinformed at Crutchfield. Surprised at that as I have spoken with then many times about getting an aftermarket unit. The thing is you have to use your old head unit or a similar factory unit and hide it in the dash behind the new HU in order to retain steering controls and cameras.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hmm, interesting. Any recommendations for aftermarket head units?
I don't off the top of my head other then it has to be the slim type since you are hiding the used radio in the dash behind it. There are a lot of people here that have swapped it out and can help you along the way.

When my hard drive took a dump I looked into getting an aftermarket but didn't want to spend almost $1000 to do the swap. Plus I wanted to retain the factory look.

$350-500 Aftermarket head
$50-90 Used working head off Ebay to retain steering wheel controls and cameras
$50-70 Dash kit for new radio
$200 Custom wiring harness. Not from Crutchfield as they wanted like $400 for theirs.
$40 Cubby to fill the hole where the NAV control was. Don't need it since the new head has NAV
$? Misc. supplies and shipping. Not including install if I had a shop install it.

I found a company that refurbs factory units that cost like $300 and went that route. Used the $ saved and bought a powered sub that fits under the passenger seat and still had about $400 left. Thats going to a new starter lol

·
Registered
3 Posts
yo phil, I actually picked up one of these a few days ago and the image quality of the unit I got is pretty good, but just a heads up there is a few things that you have to manually\figure out to keep up with it like system updates and mcu updates, they are still a smaller chinese company. I got it about 3 days ago but I'm still having issues with the amp bypass wire to correct the no sound coming from the head unit but I was able to get the reverse camera to work with the supplied can bus box but it is still not 100% the same as the imid that comes with the car. oh by the way I have a 2013 honda accord exl coupe

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
For s
yo phil, I actually picked up one of these a few days ago and the image quality of the unit I got is pretty good, but just a heads up there is a few things that you have to manually\figure out to keep up with it like system updates and mcu updates, they are still a smaller chinese company. I got it about 3 days ago but I'm still having issues with the amp bypass wire to correct the no sound coming from the head unit but I was able to get the reverse camera to work with the supplied can bus box but it is still not 100% the same as the imid that comes with the car. oh by the way I have a 2013 honda accord exl coupe
Nice, did you have to keep the stock head unit for camera and sw controls to work? And you said no sound coming from the unit?

I'm not sure if it's the same with the 16 as I have the 14 Touring but I imagine it is close.
Thanks man, this helps a bunch!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts