Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Limitless
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 2016 Accord Coupe V6 Auto and have roughly 1700 miles on it. Was planning on getting a SRI, but I'm wondering if I should wait longer?

Is it too early to put the intake because I haven't driven many miles on it or that doesn't matter?

How many miles would be a good amount before I should mod a few things?

·
Registered
687 Posts
At 1700 miles the mototr is already broke in and you good to go. With todays engines and tolerances its my opinion that 75% of the break in is already done when we get the car off the lot. Either way you are fine at this point to change anything you want.

·
Modifier
160 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Can you take a look at this video about SRI and let me know what you think? He is saying that for daily commute driving the SRI may not be as good as the stock intake, because it reduces mid-range power.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odq6_5oCP9c
A short ram intake will reduce midrange horsepower. If you drive primarily in the midrange, it will not be as good to use as a cold air intake or stock.

It will increase your off idle torque as well as your low range and your top end. If you primarily drive like a grandma and a bat out of hell, a short ram intake is for you. It is best to get (or make) a short ram that draws in cool air. This will especially help with your off idle and low rpm torque.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I just put mine in to clean up and make the engine bay look nicer. And it sounds great. To me the car is just a daily driver to cruise around. I have never used it as a race car.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts