Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Accord needs new front tires. The rear still have a quarter inch of tread. Im going to replace with the OEM Michelin Primacy. These are the quietest tires Ive ever owned.

Any reason to replace the rears if they still have a quarter inch? I was thinking of two now, two next year. $445 vs $760

I'm considering Bridgestone Ecopia EP422 to replace the Micheline Primacys on the car now. Anyone ride the Ecopias?

·
Super Moderator
12,846 Posts
I think the real issue here is why are two tires worn out and two others are at 8/32 ?

·
8th Gen Believer
3,664 Posts
7k miles tire rotation will eliminate uneven wear. Most tire stores will do it free if you bought there, like Discount Tire.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm considering Bridgestone Ecopia EP422 to replace the Micheline Primacys on the car now. Anyone ride the Ecopias?

·
BRWNFLSH now
7,403 Posts
You should rotate the tires more often so they wear evenly.
Just my opinion, but unless I was going with the same model tire I would replace all four.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I'm finding myself in agreement wiith the above posters. It's not normal for the front tires to wear out so badly compared to the rears unless you are not rotating them and maybe your alignment badly needs adjusting. I'd also replace ALL 4, especially since you are thinking of putting a different brand on the front.

Personally, I think Michelin tires are the best ones to put on your vehicles. I have them on my truck as well as having Michelins as the OEM tires on my car. I've NEVER been disappointed in that brand.

- Jack

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
After shopping more, I found what i think is a good deal on ASSURANCE WEATHERREADY. Using my Goodyear Credit Card, After rebates, 4 tires installed for $475.

·
Super Moderator
12,846 Posts
Oh hey you are welcome!

No need to thank anyone nor to give insight as to why two tires wore out so quickly!

·
Registered
78 Posts
I had them on another vehicle; they wore fine but had pretty terrible dry and wet grip. They're set up to maximize fuel economy over good driving characteristics. There are much better tires out there.

·
Registered
30 Posts
My Accord needs new front tires. The rear still have a quarter inch of tread. Im going to replace with the OEM Michelin Primacy. These are the quietest tires Ive ever owned.

Any reason to replace the rears if they still have a quarter inch? I was thinking of two now, two next year. $445 vs $760

Those will last long time while providing good rim protection like the Michelin Primacy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts