Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 256 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anybody else see this on Car and Driver?

Car and Driver

Kind of torn on the looks... Back and rims look nice, but the front is a little wacky... Though it looks like all Accord's get LED DRL's... Interesting to see the LED headlights on the Touring look more like Acura's Jewel Eye's...

Sport:

V6 Touring:

·
Registered
105 Posts
I honestly prefer the look of my 2013 sport, other than the LED tails and DRL's

·
CITIUS::INFERIUS::FORTIUS
1,471 Posts
Not bad, but still doesn't look better than current. Chrome overload alert. Like MB

Reactions: salcuta

·
Honda Salesman
104 Posts
Yep, I just saw this. Exciting! Can't wait to see interior and powertrain upgrades.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
The grill ruins it for me. Not a fan of the tail lights or the revised rear bumper, either. I do like the headlights though, especially on the Touring.

I think this may be the first Accord generation where I prefer the original over the MMC. I can only hope that the interior and other refinements make up for the disappointing (IMO) exterior changes. Still, I doubt that I will get another Accord after my 2014's lease is up. I'd much rather have a TLX, A3, or even an ILX at this point.

Reactions: MrX and MR_CR2

·
CITIUS::INFERIUS::FORTIUS
1,471 Posts
"This refresh addresses at least one of the Accord’s major shortcomings: dull styling."
Read this quote from the article and laughed. I rather take dull than fugly.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Is this official yet? or another 2016 fake image?

Has this been confirmed that this is the real 2016 Honda Accord image? or just some random photoshop?

Who think this is just some photoshop images and not the real 2016 model?

Websites uses this kind of tatic all the time to gain traffics...

·
Registered
792 Posts
The back looks like a Lexus IS to me. Also, I'm pretty sure the headlights will have the same LED strip like the CR-Vs have:

Personally, I think those LEDs look cheap and cheesy (sort of Kia'ish or Chrysler'ish)

From what I see of the spy photos:

No driver's side lanewatch (lame)
Looks like they got rid of the magnifying strip on the driver's side mirror (good move)
The wheels on the touring look pretty cool (good move)
I hope those reflectors above the exhaust are lit (wishful thinking)
I hope all trims get the LED DRLs (wishful thinking)
I hope all trims get the XM option (wishful thinking)

Not holding my breath on any power upgrades (Honda is about efficiency and not power. It's sad because they could really put out a powerful engine if they wanted to).

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
The front won't age well, pretty much like the Ford Explorer. Too much fake chrome

I like more the new top chrome back but wtf were they thinking with the lower one.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
The rear looks OK, but not necessarily better than the current car. The front...WTF were they thinking? I'm sure it looks better in person but I am not a fan of the changes. Looks like they grafted on a 2012 Civic grille. Not as bad as the new LE/XLE Camry nose, though. The Sport/Touring wheels are decent, but the swirly versions on other trims are awful! Wonder what the Coupe looks like without camo?

Glad they didn't make it better looking anyway, makes me NOT want to upgrade to a '16 sedan LOL.

Reactions: Tawnydog

·
Registered
596 Posts
I like the new taillights and what looks to be LED foglights but don't like the front grill or the rear bumper. I do like the fact that they added the side skirts, rear decklid, and 18" on the Touring model.

Too bad we can't swap taillights because they made the chrome strip longer that cuts into the taillight itself.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Geez, you guys are particular. Alls I saw, was an Accord.

Reactions: Moose412

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
The current sport is much better looking IMO.

Looks like they are trying too hard but as always Hondas grow on me.

Be interesting to see the wheels for the EX trim. Don't care for the back at all looks like it's squinting. Thanks for the post.

Looks like they went from looking like a BMW to looking like a Mercedes.

·
Registered
78 Posts
This should get the next gen HondaLink which supposedly will get CarPlay and Android Auto.

This has Lane Watch so hopefully the stereo can be added to our 9th Gens and keep the fully functional iMid. I know it's still a while away, but Metra has been working on their solution for almost a year and still hasn't figured out a solid solution.

1 - 20 of 256 Posts