Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 218 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My iPhone rarely connects via CarPlay when I plug it in. I have an 6 Plus with the latest iOS (9.1). When I plug it in it usually says it cannot connect and then randomly it will connect but it's completely unreliable. I have a V6 EX-L. Anyone else having issues?

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did, yes, but the second cable wasn't an Apple branded cable so maybe I'll try another Apple cable and see.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I've had the first connect in two different Accords be very slow to take (I think the phone is downloading a bunch of CarPlay stuff, two different phones), but beyond that it's very quick. Tried both a 6 Plus and a 6S Plus, no issues.

·
Registered
33 Posts
No issues here with a 6+ on an EX-L. You are using the USB port in the cubby in front of the shifter right? That's the only one that is carplay enabled.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I sometimes have issues where I plug in my 6s+ and absolutely nothing happens. Other times I try playing music through Spotify and Carplay says its playing, but no sound from the speakers. I usually try to unplug and plug the phone back in, close the app (from multitasking) and reopen it, restart my phone, or worst-case restart my car.

The 9th and 9.5 gen software hasn't been the best, which is disappointing. But I've just learned to deal with it.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am using the correct jack, btw. To everyone who is having no trouble, are you on iOS 9.something?

·
Registered
73 Posts
I'm on iOS 9.1. However I just realized I've been having quite a bit of trouble for the past 2 days. I always have to restart my phone. This morning the bottom screen just froze everytime I connected my phone. Eventually when it unfroze, I kept plugging and unplugging the phone but it wouldn't detect it. It may have something to do with how the car disconnects bluetooth and loads up Carplay, so once I go to lunch I'll try to turn off bluetooth on my phone and then try to wire it in and see if it works better.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Try turning on the music on your phone first, and start the car. Connecting the two with the cable should be the last thing you do.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Try turning on the music on your phone first, and start the car. Connecting the two with the cable should be the last thing you do.
This isn't necessary at all. If it is, there's a problem with your car. You can use FM or SXM while using Carplay, there is no requirement you need to be doing music off your phone.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This isn't necessary at all. If it is, there's a problem with your car. You can use FM or SXM while using Carplay, there is no requirement you need to be doing music off your phone.
I agree. I don't want to jump through a bunch of hoops to make something work. If it doesn't work easily, I'll skip it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I agree. I don't want to jump through a bunch of hoops to make something work. If it doesn't work easily, I'll skip it.
On mine, you don't have to have music playing first. It reacts instantly, music or no music. Something might be wrong with your car if it's happening with more than one phone.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
That's really not a big bunch of hoops now, is it?

You don't have to do it the way I suggested, but chances are if you read your owners manual it will tell you the same thing.

·
Registered
288 Posts
My issue is that the unit freezes. Granted, it's only done it twice, but I've only had the car a month. Tonight I was talking to my wife via CarPlay and suddenly she couldn't hear me anymore. Then the audio system just wouldn't play any sound, even though the upper screen showed I was on Sirius/XM. Only thing that fixed it was when I got home, I restarted the car. Come on, Honda. This is really annoying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have a 2016 V6 Touring w Carplay and I noticed that when you go into Spotify and select a playlist, the screen swipes back left and shows you your list of playlists again. Seems like a bug to me. Anyone else notice that? It happens almost every time.

Also... side question: what is the point of the siriusXM combination presets??? I cant seem to find any info on how to use it. (especially with the steering wheels controls)

Thanks!

·
Registered
73 Posts
My issue is that the unit freezes. Granted, it's only done it twice, but I've only had the car a month. Tonight I was talking to my wife via CarPlay and suddenly she couldn't hear me anymore. Then the audio system just wouldn't play any sound, even though the upper screen showed I was on Sirius/XM. Only thing that fixed it was when I got home, I restarted the car. Come on, Honda. This is really annoying.
This happened to me once. I also get random square pixelations on the Carplay screen that go away when the screen/view is refreshed or changed. Honda has a lot of bugs to work out. Service advisor blamed it on "Apple and their software"- I would like to believe that, but if you have a hard time getting rid of bluetooth lag (which I'm not sure if the 2016's have because I always use Carplay, but my 2013 had it) then I'll blame Honda's software first.

I have a 2016 V6 Touring w Carplay and I noticed that when you go into Spotify and select a playlist, the screen swipes back left and shows you your list of playlists again. Seems like a bug to me. Anyone else notice that? It happens almost every time.
This happens to me on occasion with Spotify as well. Definitely a bug.

·
Registered
29 Posts
This happened to me once. I also get random square pixelations on the Carplay screen that go away when the screen/view is refreshed or changed. Honda has a lot of bugs to work out. Service advisor blamed it on "Apple and their software"- I would like to believe that, but if you have a hard time getting rid of bluetooth lag (which I'm not sure if the 2016's have because I always use Carplay, but my 2013 had it) then I'll blame Honda's software first.

This happens to me on occasion with Spotify as well. Definitely a bug.
I sure hope Spotify fixes it soon! its super annoying.

On another note, do you think wireless CarPlay will be upgradeable given that the car has both BT and WiFi onboard?

·
Registered
1,150 Posts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Software by Microsoft :laugh

·
Registered
1 Posts

Also... side question: what is the point of the siriusXM combination presets??? I cant seem to find any info on how to use it. (especially with the steering wheels controls)

Thanks!
I'm using iphon6 with latest ios. Plugged into cubby it works fine however if my iPod is also plugged into usb in center console everything freezes as it seems that only the iPhone can be plugged in for Apple play to work. Is this feature (sarcasm) documented ?
I own 4 Hondas included a 6sp 2013 accord and my 2016 6 so accord both ex, both with after market katzkin leather

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
I'm using iphon6 with latest ios. Plugged into cubby it works fine however if my iPod is also plugged into usb in center console everything freezes as it seems that only the iPhone can be plugged in for Apple play to work. Is this feature (sarcasm) documented ?
I own 4 Hondas included a 6sp 2013 accord and my 2016 6 so accord both ex, both with after market katzkin leather

Ummm, you're trying to use Carplay with your iPod?

If you're trying to utilize Carplay and and something else like an iPod I can see how the car may get confused.

1 - 20 of 218 Posts