Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

161 - 180 of 218 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
I don't know what was happening today but while using navigation with CarPlay every five minutes my car we disconnect from my iPhone 7 Plus. I'd have to unplug the lighting cable and reconnect it to get the phone to reconnect. I tried turning the car off and on, but that made no difference. I finally restarted my phone, but by that point I was a few minutes from my destination.

I've had occasional issues where The phone would disconnect for second and reconnect but I've never seen it disconnect permanently.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I experience this too - and I'm running a 7 Plus as well. Last night the screen (stereo) froze while I was navigating away from CarPlay's map view to initiate Siri. I was able to snap a pic of it so I can show the dealer. I've had nothing but problems with my '16 Touring in regards to CarPlay. When it works, I love it, but when it's finicky I want to hit somebody.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I actually had the head unit crash and after turning my car off and on, it took several minutes to start back up again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm driving a 2016 Accord EX. I had an Android that worked well but the Car Play had better features so when it came time for a new phone I purchased a 7+. Now, after 15 minutes CarPlay stops working and won't re-connect unless I restart the car.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I'm driving a 2016 Accord EX. I had an Android that worked well but the Car Play had better features so when it came time for a new phone I purchased a 7+. Now, after 15 minutes CarPlay stops working and won't re-connect unless I restart the car.

I've found that when that starts to happen it's best to restart your iPhone. That seems to resolve the issue.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I attempted to try Carplay again in my 16 EX-L, even using a brand new Apple cable to see if that caused any problems. Worked decently for a day and then in an important phonecall with my boss a text notification came in and that crashed Carplay and hung up the phone. I had to scramble to switch over to bluetooth and resume the call.

It's really ****ed up. Disappointing.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just took my Accord in for the transmission software STB and had them do the factory reset and realized that there may b be a correlation between bluetooth issues and Carplay. I chose NOT to set up the bluetooth connection prior to Carplay and at this point NOT setting it up at all with my iPhone. I have a theory that the BT disrupts the Carplay and the headunit freaks out. Will give this a little runtime and see if the performance is any good. I would think that the majority of folks would set up the BT connection along with the CP and that may be driving issues of the headunit trying to prioritize one over the other.

So far, it's smoother than it was before but as I've said before the first few days always went well.

Will update in a week or so.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I use to have ton of issues with apple carplay before and after IOS 10. I'd say in the last 2 months and even the time leading before the two months the issue has gone away. Although I would like to add I also had the transmission software update in Mid December so I'm also wondering if that assisted in fixing the CarPlay issue. Never have issues now.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I use to have ton of issues with apple carplay before and after IOS 10. I'd say in the last 2 months and even the time leading before the two months the issue has gone away. Although I would like to add I also had the transmission software update in Mid December so I'm also wondering if that assisted in fixing the CarPlay issue. Never have issues now.
I REALLY hope you're right on that! I'd be surprised that it had an effect though as I presume the transmission software update deals with the part of the car that is hopefully not run on a crummy Android head unit!

·
Registered
220 Posts
I REALLY hope you're right on that! I'd be surprised that it had an effect though as I presume the transmission software update deals with the part of the car that is hopefully not run on a crummy Android head unit!

Well..... long story short. The transmission update F'ed up my remote start. I had it at the dealer for 5 days while they tried to fix it. They ended up disconnecting the battery, and rebooting the Powertrain Control Module (PCM). Low and behold I had my car back and my remote start working fine. So maybe that had something to do with it?? I guess I have too many variables to pinpoint the exact fix

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just took my Accord in for the transmission software STB and had them do the factory reset and realized that there may b be a correlation between bluetooth issues and Carplay. I chose NOT to set up the bluetooth connection prior to Carplay and at this point NOT setting it up at all with my iPhone. I have a theory that the BT disrupts the Carplay and the headunit freaks out. Will give this a little runtime and see if the performance is any good. I would think that the majority of folks would set up the BT connection along with the CP and that may be driving issues of the headunit trying to prioritize one over the other.

So far, it's smoother than it was before but as I've said before the first few days always went well.

Will update in a week or so.
Seven days strong with Carplay! I only had one issue this whole week when I got a disconnect, which was unfortunately during a call while I was fiddling to check my email real quick. A quick unplug/replug got it back up and running just fine though. When that happened before the BT would kick in and just cause general ****ery.

I'm wholly convinced now that any issues I had before were conflicts between BT and CP. Anyone who was having a poor experience should delete their pairing with their phone and go in cold with Carplay. It may be good practice to factory reset the head unit too, but I have no data to show that is a factor. Long live Carplay on the Honda! I hope this good luck continues as this was a feature I was very much looking forward to when I purchase the car back in October 15!

·
Registered
92 Posts
I've been having plenty of problems with CarPlay or more specifically with the display. I see things every few days when trying to use Maps. I've seen the display show nothing but black, get all distorted and even freeze up where the icons got stuck mid zoom. Usually unplugging my phone and plugging it back in fixes the problem, though occasionally I need to reboot my phone and/or restart the car.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've been having plenty of problems with CarPlay or more specifically with the display. I see things every few days when trying to use Maps. I've seen the display show nothing but black, get all distorted and even freeze up where the icons got stuck mid zoom. Usually unplugging my phone and plugging it back in fixes the problem, though occasionally I need to reboot my phone and/or restart the car.
I did have this happen once or twice now that you mention it, I hit the Honda home button (not the Carplay one) to get back to the main Honda HU page and then reopened carplay and it refreshed fine. Maybe it's a different problem than yours.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Let me share my Story, and fore warned there is no happy ending here.

Short Story... I have 2016 Accord EX. I have 2 phones Verizon S6+ and At&T Iphone 6S Plus. Both DO NOT work with my radio as far as calls go... the following goes for both phones in terms of issues.

Android Auto or apply play connects fine, music plays, nav works (no sound) but it works, text messages work and will play back!. However, if you try to make a phone call via Android auto, Apple Play, or Bluetooth, it will connect, but a few things happen at this point. What ever you were listening too before the call; the volume is locked at that level, you cannot change sources, or change anything in that source. you cannot hear the person who called, but they get to hear your music or what ever just playing away. The ONLY way to fix this is to turn the car all the way off and then back on... which is crazy in the highway since you have to tap the breaks to start the car lol.

I went to the dealer and they say its a phone operating system issue and there is nothing they can do about it... granted it worked fine when I 1st bought the car... now I can't use my phone at all. I cannot be the only one with this issue...

I've tried to reset the stereo to factory, I've tried removing the blue tooth devices and reconnecting them in various ways, and tried cables too nothing works. I can't imagine no one else is pissed off about this as much as I am... am I missing something to make this work??

This is the only thing I truly HATE about my car. That whole stereo is just trash on the EX model.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Let me share my Story, and fore warned there is no happy ending here.

Short Story... I have 2016 Accord EX. I have 2 phones Verizon S6+ and At&T Iphone 6S Plus. Both DO NOT work with my radio as far as calls go... the following goes for both phones in terms of issues.

Android Auto or apply play connects fine, music plays, nav works (no sound) but it works, text messages work and will play back!. However, if you try to make a phone call via Android auto, Apple Play, or Bluetooth, it will connect, but a few things happen at this point. What ever you were listening too before the call; the volume is locked at that level, you cannot change sources, or change anything in that source. you cannot hear the person who called, but they get to hear your music or what ever just playing away. The ONLY way to fix this is to turn the car all the way off and then back on... which is crazy in the highway since you have to tap the breaks to start the car lol.

I went to the dealer and they say its a phone operating system issue and there is nothing they can do about it... granted it worked fine when I 1st bought the car... now I can't use my phone at all. I cannot be the only one with this issue...

I've tried to reset the stereo to factory, I've tried removing the blue tooth devices and reconnecting them in various ways, and tried cables too nothing works. I can't imagine no one else is pissed off about this as much as I am... am I missing something to make this work??

This is the only thing I truly HATE about my car. That whole stereo is just trash on the EX model.
Take a video of this when it happens to show them you're not imagining it. If the dealer continues to be an obstacle (dealers are criminally stupid when it comes to the infotainment system), then elevate.

Elevate it to Honda Canada. Or Honda of Italy. Or Honda of Azerbaijan. Or whichever country you live.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Have you paired your phones with Bluetooth or just plugged them in and set up AA/CP with no BT connection. Reason I ask is I was always pairing my phones and then setting up AA/CP and had lots of issues such as you're describing.

I reset my HU and didn't pair anything. Carplay has been near flawless since. I think there's a conflict for priority if you BT pair.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Take a video of this when it happens to show them you're not imagining it. If the dealer continues to be an obstacle (dealers are criminally stupid when it comes to the infotainment system), then elevate.

Elevate it to Honda Canada. Or Honda of Italy. Or Honda of Azerbaijan. Or whichever country you live.
No need to take a video, it happens every single time. I've been to my local dealer and they say its a Phone issue and there is nothing they can do about it. Since honda does not have my phone on the list of approved phones for Hondalink I'm just out of luck. I will look into contacting Honda America.

Have you paired your phones with Bluetooth or just plugged them in and set up AA/CP with no BT connection. Reason I ask is I was always pairing my phones and then setting up AA/CP and had lots of issues such as you're describing.

I reset my HU and didn't pair anything. Carplay has been near flawless since. I think there's a conflict for priority if you BT pair.
I have not tired to remove all BT and then try AA/CP, I'll give this a shot today at lunch.

161 - 180 of 218 Posts