Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Rahim
2016 Honda Accord EX-L V6
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, I just picked up a 2016 Accord V6, got it at 97k for pretty great deal. The car has been taking care of most of its life at the dealership. I’ve done the regular tune up, cabin air filter, oil change, transmission flush, air intake filter, and just did the spark plugs. I’m trying to do the final think off the list and change the serpentine belt. I can’t find any videos

on how to do it and I noticed it’s pretty tight on the left hand side with the abs module there. Is there any diagrams or videos or even guides on changing it? And if so what serpentine belt should I buy? OEM or any better alternatives? Or should I just ultimately have the dealership do it?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Hi there, I just picked up a 2016 Accord V6, got it at 97k for pretty great deal. The car has been taking care of most of its life at the dealership. I’ve done the regular tune up, cabin air filter, oil change, transmission flush, air intake filter, and just did the spark plugs. I’m trying to do the final think off the list and change the serpentine belt. I can’t find any videos

on how to do it and I noticed it’s pretty tight on the left hand side with the abs module there. Is there any diagrams or videos or even guides on changing it? And if so what serpentine belt should I buy? OEM or any better alternatives? Or should I just ultimately have the dealership do it?
Like someone has already stated, the timing belt has to be changed soon. Which also means to change the water pump and some other minor accessory parts.

·
8th Gen Believer
3,822 Posts
Timing belt, spark plugs -- don't flush the tranny but keep the fluid fresh using Honda DW1 fluid -- check wear on brake pads, steam clean engine and look for leaks. The V6 is a fine, fine, high mileage engine that needs only regular maintenance. In terms of the timing belt, there are a lot of kits out there. Buy only OEM or Aisin! Never Continental or a cheapie. Best of luck with your excellent ride!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hes asking about serpentine belt, aka drive belt or v belt not timing belt.

OP - i havent looked but maybe someone can update on here. Doesnt hurt to ask dealer for cost, who knows with current environment dealers need business they may be running some sweet deals.

·
Registered
3 Posts

Go to RockAuto and look up your model / year then go down to Engine and select “timing belt, water pump and Component Kit”. I would recommend the AISIN which is approx $175.
You will need to drain your Coolant and replace. Since you are doing that get another thermostat as well.
Make sure you burp out all of the air when you do change the fluid.
The how to is on you, it is not very difficult just methodical.
Out the door about $225-30 if you do it yourself.

·
Rahim
2016 Honda Accord EX-L V6
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you all for the feedback! Greatly appreciated. I believe there was some confusion here, I am trying to change the SERPENTINE belt. Not the timing belt that’s a completely separate belt. Called my local dealership for pricing, gonna run me 1k+ to just get the water pump and timing belt serviced by them. Just called the parts department and ask for pricing of all oem parts. Serpentine belt, timing belt, water pump. Gonna cost less than half. So mine as well go through that route.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts