Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys,

So the lanewatch camera on my new 2016 Touring is slightly blurry. On my 2013 accord it was crystal clear. Is anyone ese experiencing this issue on their new accords? If so, what has been your approach with the dealer and/or their response. If there is no way to focus the camera, I will assist that they replace the camera.
Thanks, this group is great and more than helpful:)

·
Registered
77 Posts
When I got my 2016 Touring, I felt that the Lanewatch Camera wasn't as clear as my 2013 EX-L V6 Coupe's was. Maybe the colors in the dark just haven't been as good, but I do think it's just not as clear as my last Accord. I'm thinking Honda may do a software update for this, seeing that I've run into other issues with my Lanewatch Camera that they documented and sent over to AHM.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Is it a lack of focus or lower resolution/quality? Someone else complained their 2015 model had a noticeable lower resolution camera, so that might have carried over to the 2016. The '15 Honda Fit we have here has an inferior lanewatch camera compared to my vehicle. Really hate to see Honda trying to save what are otherwise a few bucks at most to save on $ for something so important for safety.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
a new camera has been ordered, Ill let you know if thats the cure:)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello guys,

So the lanewatch camera on my new 2016 Touring is slightly blurry. On my 2013 accord it was crystal clear. Is anyone ese experiencing this issue on their new accords? If so, what has been your approach with the dealer and/or their response. If there is no way to focus the camera, I will assist that they replace the camera.
*Insist:) Damn autocorrect

·
Retired IT Dude
1,317 Posts
If any of you could take a quick cell phone pic of your display I'd appreciate it. I Got my car Wednesday, and both right & backup camera's are OOF. I checked another car at the dealership (customers 15 Accord Hybrid,) and they where no better than mine.

I'm a long time customer with Roush, so they'll order new camera's no problem if I want. Just try to get a "vibe" if yours are better than mine are now.

Thanks so much!
Jim

·
Registered
6 Posts
Picked up a 2016 a few weeks ago and can't stand the blurry cameras. Anyone else get replacements and a successful result back to the clarity of the 2013 models' cameras?

·
Registered
5 Posts
we bought a 2016 EX last month the lanewatch does not have the best resolution but the focus is just fine.

it is the backup camera that i don't like it, not sure if its OOF, to me it looks the angle is very wide even with the setting on the screen is set to the middle option.

my 2010 FX35's backup camera looks more accurate than this one.

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
5,296 Posts
Hello guys,

I mucked up my lane watch camera requiring it to be "recalibrated" using the factory procedure. I did it myself and it was much clearer after.

Maybe try the calibration procedure first and see if it gets better?

Jay

·
OEMPlus
42 Posts
I mucked up my lane watch camera requiring it to be "recalibrated" using the factory procedure. I did it myself and it was much clearer after.

Maybe try the calibration procedure first and see if it gets better?

Jay
What is the calibration procedure?

·
Registered
398 Posts
Finally got the out of focus camera replaced from Honda on my '17. Took 2 weeks for the part to come in. Now much better. Of course, it still can't beat the clarity from my '13. I need to do a picture comparison. The picture is still dark at the brightest setting.

Next step is to show Honda that the backup camera on the '17/'16 isn't great either. My backup and lanewatch camera on my '13 was great. Though I did go through 2 lanewatch camera replacements on the '13 to finally get one that was focused correctly!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just replaced the passenger mirror with lanewatch. Accord EX-L with two screens, no navigation.

After looking for the past two weeks I cannot find anything detailing access to the calibration process for this model. The one video listed above has been taken offline. I greatly appreciate any info you may be able to pass along.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts