Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to swap the sport bumper on a 16' LX? I'm planning on doing a dual exhaust conversion and want to know if I could change to the sport bumper for the exhaust cutouts on both sides.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sweet thanks! I've tried looking around for the dual exhaust conversion and I'm still confused. Do I have to buy the heat shield? Do they have another opening on the other side from the OEM?

· Registered
29 Posts
Sweet thanks! I've tried looking around for the dual exhaust conversion and I'm still confused. Do I have to buy the heat shield? Do they have another opening on the other side from the OEM?
I just recently did this for my 2013 accord, I pulled a dual exhaust off of a totaled 17 sport and swapped it onto mine. I did pull the heat shield off of the totaled car but found that my car already had one there even though it was a single muffler. It was mostly a very easy swap other than I had to make a exhaust hanger for the drive side of the car, you can pick them up from somewhere like AutoZone. It should be very similar to yours because they are the same generation, 13-17. Now the bumper on your 2017 should be able to swap with any 9th gen bumper, even before the facelift (13-15's), luckily Honda had the cutout on the 13-15's regardless if you had the dual or single mufflers so I lucked out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts