Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been trying to find info on a software update for this vehicle. I know there was a service bulletin for software.
Any thoughts or links on anything.
My main issue is a software update for the radio or nav. I’ve found one, but the file is in a zip and it’s in APK format.
Just curious if anyone has thoughts?
Thanks.

· cvt - NOT
1,501 Posts
Been trying to find info on a software update for this vehicle. I know there was a service bulletin for software.
Any thoughts or links on anything.
My main issue is a software update for the radio or nav. I’ve found one, but the file is in a zip and it’s in APK format.
Just curious if anyone has thoughts?
Thanks.
Give the parts/service department a quick call for some guidance.

· Registered
5 Posts
My 2016 head unit has been really unreliable with Apple CarPlay, freezing, crashing, disconnecting and erroring out constantly since day one.
I rely on my phone a lot for work (sales rep) and hate my whole car because of this one flaw. Every time I bring it in for service or any kind of repair, I ask the dealership to check if there's a firmware update of some sort, and so far, since I've bought the car in 2016, there's been nothing.

It is baffling to me that a car manufacturer as big and as reputable as Honda is letting its brand be tarnished by this kind of shoddy software and hardware implementation in this day and age.
Everyone use their phone way more than they use their car. How can the ship a car with poorly functioning HW/SW and never update it?

· Registered
495 Posts
Back when the update was released, I requested it from my dealer and they said it had to be ordered. They never called me but I figured my issue wasn't big enough to risk more or new issues with an update. The only thing I really run into is probably every 30-40 times I drive, the radio screen will be frozen. I can still change stations etc but it won't display the new station on the screen and won't fix itself until I restart the car. Not really a big deal to me but I also don't use Android auto very often.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts