Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum and this is obviously my first post.

I've owned 5 Hondas in the past (2 of them Accords) and have never had an issue with any of them. They've been bulletproof reliable.

I've been doing extensive research on the 2017 Honda Accord Hybrid EX-L. Currently looking to buy a certified one for 21,500 (with 26k Miles). I know that that this particular year of Accord Hybrids were built in Japan and I believe the Battery and 2 electric motors are from Japan.

Just like with any other "new" vehicle, I try to research for major problems/concerns/complaints. I haven't been able to find much data on recalls or reliability issues. I'm aware of the Direct Injection engine problems with some of Honda Turbos and I know this Hybrid is an Atkinson Cycle 2.0 with VTEC (sounds like a proven engine).

What are your thoughts? Am I getting a good deal?

Things I should be aware of/concerned? Is there a special maintenance on the breakes since they are regen?

Finally, as an owner, how is your experience so far?

Thank you all !!

·
Registered
179 Posts
I have 87K on my 2017 and haven't had a single issue yet except for an intermittently sticky drivers side power door unlock button. Original brake pads still have tons of pad on them.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi I am on my second Accord hybrid. Had a 2014 and traded in for the 2017. I generally lease mine but was so in love with the one I have now, I bought it. I currently have 55K miles on it. Have had no mechanical issues with either. Get about 48 mpg sometimes up to 54! My only problem is, I have the exl trim and wish I had gotten the touring- but since I expected to turn it in, I didn't spring for the extra. I am now going to add back up sensors that are in the touring!

·
Registered
2017 Accord Hybrid Touring, 1990 Nissan 300zx, 2015 KTM Motorcycle
3 Posts
I LOVE MY 17 Accord Hybrid Touring!
I sell Honda for a living. Talk about amazing value on pre-owned.
This is the only 17 with a CVT, which I am normally a bit bored driving. But this makes for a smooth luxurious feel, that tones down my aggressive driving. The 6cyl would have gotten whooped on by me! And I would probably get speeding tickets lol.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi!
Quick question...the 2 things I want to add to my car are the back up sensors I think they are called parking sensors( from Honda) and maybe the touring led headlights. Can you tell me if there is an audible sound if there is an object or a person behind you when backing up with the parking sensors?

·
Registered
2017 Accord Hybrid Touring, 1990 Nissan 300zx, 2015 KTM Motorcycle
3 Posts
There is. Right thru the speakers, that increases as you get closer to an object. I have these on the front of my car too. And when I get close to the atm machine, it shows from left corner "approaching object". Really nice feature.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts