Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some experienced and knowledgeable thoughts on polish for 2017 accord sport rims. I'm using a gentle car wash soap and elbow grease to remove dirt but need help on polish for the shine and protection on the rims. Looking for thoughts based on the specifics of these rims with the alloy/black combo. Thank you!!!

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Looking for some experienced and knowledgeable thoughts on polish for 2017 accord sport rims. I'm using a gentle car wash soap and elbow grease to remove dirt but need help on polish for the shine and protection on the rims. Looking for thoughts based on the specifics of these rims with the alloy/black combo. Thank you!!!
I use the same Maguiars wax on the wheels of my '16 EX Coupe that I use on the body...

·
Registered
755 Posts
To first clean them, I use a separate small bucket of hot water and dishwashing soap along with a microfiber wash mit. Before even washing the car I rinse all 4 wheels and go at it. I researched and said dish washing soap works good on oil and grease as what it's made for.That same bucket and wash mit is put aside and not used on the car (obviously).

@Ronch has the right idea of using wax. Either spray or liquid wax will do. One time I was out of wax and used maguire's supreme shine interior cleaner and the black part of the wheels were noticeably shinier than when using wax. You got the method right if wiping the black parts gently while drying. Never leave the wheels without some type of protection after a car wash. Not sure if the black parts have clear coat but I can imagine it will fade after many years when exposed to the Sun.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts