Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I greased up my guide pins a few months back, and started noticing last month some clunking noise. I put it up on a lift and noticed that This was happening

(fast forward to 3:57). Has anyone experienced this before? Brakes and rotors have never been changed and it's has about 113k. I just want to see if anyone has experienced this before I head to the dealership and order a new set of pins. Thanks fellas!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You replaced your pads?
I have not replaced the pads. Last time I checked, they had a lot of material left on them, so I just lubed up the pins (with sil-glide) and did a visual inspection. I have a purchased a full set (4) of rotors and pads. I haven't had time to do a search, but will right now. If anyone has a link they can toss my way, PLEASE DO SO! Might run to the dealership tomorrow and grab some front pins and replace them anyways. I have this issue on my passenger side caliper. There's loud clunking, and I can get it to wobble side to side with little effort.

·
Registered
505 Posts
A link to what? Like somebody else with this specific problem on a 9th gen Accord?

So you've put it up on a lift..is it the same wobble thats happening in the video? Can you tell? Is it worse? Or is it coming from something else thats loose?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A link to what? Like somebody else with this specific problem on a 9th gen Accord?

So you've put it up on a lift..is it the same wobble thats happening in the video? Can you tell? Is it worse? Or is it coming from something else thats loose?
A link to the same problem on a 9th gen, or info on guide pins needing replacing after 100k. It is the same wobble I am experiencing. I got it on the lift again and noticed that it is the bottom bolt that has play. I went to the dealership and ordered drivers and passenger side guide pins. They were pretty cheap actually! Paid about $65ish dollars for both fronts and 4 rotor screws. I will post the video and info maybe tomorrow. I did a quick search for the guide pin issue, but did not find anything to what I am experiencing. I'm thinking it should be pretty straight forward. Watched a video by Ericthecarguy, and he said, "sometimes air gets stuck while doing it, and can cause the issue I am experiencing".

1 - 5 of 5 Posts